1934 Series 40 Roadster FINISHED

50jetback

Well close enough to call it finished.

Have driven it just over 500 miles in the last week, a nice long country drive to sort out any potential problems before heading off to the Nationals in Queensland on Monday week.

To get things "bedded in" have restricted the speed to 50-55MPH.

Have loaded some before and after photos for interest and will see if I can post some updates from the Australian Nationals during September.

post-31244-143137997828_thumb.jpg

post-31244-143137997838_thumb.jpg

post-31244-143137997873_thumb.jpg

post-31244-143137997883_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Thriller

That's a very impressive resurrection Stuart. Have fun at the Nationals...I'm told there will be a Canadian connection at the banquet....

Stuart,

Awesome job!

I would like to see a story about your restoration in the Bugle. Also, please have Jack Gerstkemper (BCA PWD officer) take notes for a story about the Aussie Nationals for our newsletter. He has a 1931 50 series Roadster & will most certainly be looking for you.

Hey Stuart,

I've decided I want all the parts back that you got off me for this car but...... to make things easier for you don't bother dis-assembling it.............

<span style="font-weight: bold">Just send the whole car over to me.</span>

It will save a lot of work for you!!

Yes......I know, that's very decent of me but what can I say?

I'm just that type of guy.......always thinking of others grin.gifgrin.gif

If you really insist I'll let you take it to the Nationals in QLD and scoop all the awards

then just drop it off at my place on the way home to WA.

A Canadian connection at the Banquet??

I'll be travelling with a Canadian connection to the Nationals.

A mate and I are driving a truck and trailer carrying our cars to the Nationals ( around 4500 kilometers each way ) and his car is a 1924 six cylinder McLaughlin tourer ( phaeton ). It is a large and very beautiful car with wooden dash and door trims. I'll post a photo of it ( the large blue tourer between the yellow 28 roadster and 30 sedan ). So the Canadian connection may feel at home seeing the big 24.

Brian I told you to buy the Bastion Roadster before it was kidnapped by those Kiwis, besides, you've joined the 50's crowd now.

post-31244-143137997998_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Thriller

Ah, Castlemaine...been a while since I've had one of those. I guess I'll have to head over to the Billabong (local restaurant) to see if they have some...happily, it is within stumbling distance of home.

• 3 weeks later...