Another 63 Fisher Body Number.

tim63riv

Hi everyone (especially Jim Cannon!)

My brother Bill just bought a 63 Riviera here in Minnesota. It is a very highly optioned car with power windows, power vent windows, signal seeking AM radio, deluxe interior, A/C, power seat, power antenna, turbine caps, cruise, tilt and trunk release. The build date is 12B and the Fisher Body number is 13016. Has the ribbed dash, 140 MPH speedometer and spare on the trunk floor.

Take Care,

Tim

Ed-

I have lots of data but have just begun to compile it. Watch for an article in the Riview later this year (I hope).

Lowest FB number I have is FB942. I also have FB958. Interesting thing about them... FB958 has a date code of 09B. That plate on FB942 shows a date code of 09D, not B. Don't ask me why! Perhaps the guy at the Fisher Body plant was hung over when he stamped that plate out and he accidentally coded a D, not a B. We'll never know...

The highest number I have is FB39842.

Jim,

Here's an Ebay aucition number to a '63 Riv that's currently listed. This has to be one of the most basic Rivs I've ever seen. The data plate shows there are NO accessories added. Here's an example of the radio delete plate.

The only thing that seems to be optional is the leather seating.

According to the data plate the car was originally silver. I wonder why with only 34,000 miles on it the color was changed. Probably for the same reason someone painted the engine green.

Ebay # 200245680681 (Don't know why I didn't just post the link.)

Ed

Jim,

Might be a good time to email Ray to have him put a notice in the Riview that you are actively seeking Build dates and FB numbers for the 63's. Funny that you are only missing a little over 100 of the last 63's built, but have nothing on the first 900 + cars built! Next time I go to some yards here in Minnesota, I'll write down the information on those cars and get it back to you.

Thanks,

Tim

This car's been on/off eBay several times before. Interesting that it has an accessory switch for a power antenna - but no radio or antenna! Maybe it runs the radio that is mounted in the trunk. As Jim said, a very classy interior - but a car that appears to have been messed with a little. Just my two cents.

Al, Ed and Jim,

I've seen this one listed at least twice before on ebay, the "Buy it now!" price and reserve must be very close. It is a nice car but by NO means original, too many things have been "played with." This car has to be the lowest optioned 63 Riviera in existance. A good friend of mine has a very nice 63 that has AC, AM radio and absolutely nothing else, I thought that was the lowest optioned 63 in existance up to that point. I did see a 64 Riv for sale in North-by-God-Dakota that had the AM radio and nothing else.

The Florida 63 does not have a power antenna button, that is the vent controls and courtesy light switch on the upper dash, kind of a 63 Riv thing.

Any idea of what the box on the passenger side inner fender is?

Thanks,

Tim