keyless remote

red head1228

i understand that keyless was standard on all 89 is this correct where is the best place to get them niether one of mine came with them i give the vin to a buick dealer he tried hard to find if it had remote but it said it didnt come on my one car i havent checked the other one yet thak for the help

'89 and newer came with the keless remote. The Buick remote may me discontinued, but you can use a Cadillac remote. [i went to the Cadillac remote, I think they are better].I had some for sale, but am all out. I sold my last 3 at the Reunion at Flint.

Someone else may chime in with some for sale or you can look at ebay.

Guest Drake

The GM Buick Reatta remotes are still available through Buick. The SAD news is they want north of $245.00 each for them. (Maybe they fly out a factory technician to program the unit for you!!!!)

Guest Mc_Reatta

I too concur with going to the Cadillac remote. More user friendly buttons. Part # 10178734 FCC ID AB00702T Got mine off ebay when one in good condition comes along at a resonable price.

I'll echo the bit on the Cadillac remotes. A better made unit, and fully compatible. I already had two of these for my 95 Deville, and simply programmed my Reatta to take the same two remotes.

The Cadillac version can be had for about $75 new at a dealer. This was used with all E/K platform Cadillacs from 93-95. 96 on is different.

I do have a one (maybe two, I'll have to check) spares, the legends are a bit worn off the rubber buttons but the remotes do work. If interested PM me, I'll let one go for $20.

KDirk

Some folks (will let them chime in if desired) have modified the Cadillac Remotes appearence....removed the Caddy script/logo and added a Reatta aftermarket (7/8") lapel pin. I have seen a picture of that particular modification and another modification and they look nice.

Guest reattasnohio

Red Head 1228,

On my 89 the keyless remote was not installed. I am not sure why since they were supposed to be factory in 89 but the wiring for the unit that is strapped behind the panel on the the drivers seat is not there. I also do not have the antenna wire that plugs in to the middle of the rear window at the top then down to the unit. My rear window does have the antenena in it. Make sure you have the unit before you buy the remote!!!

Chris in Ohio

Knowing the somewhat unusual nature of the assembly plant and the way these cars were built, is it possible that the very early build 89's did not have the remote entry fitted yet? This would be my guess. Besides even now there are almost always options that aren't available at the start of production even on mass produced vehicles.

I suppose the RKE could be added, but this would require a lot of harness hacking. Getting the module would be the easiest part. Then fabricate an antenna, since the rear window sounds like a carryover from the 1988 model, lacking the integrated antenna.

Really, you would probably better off with an after market RKE setup from an ease of installation standpoint. This is a less desirable solution but would be a simpler way to go.

KDirk

Guest Mc_Reatta

While on the topic, has anyone modified the system to flash the lights or beep the horn like the newer systems do to confirm the request to lock or unlock the doors was received? Sometimes just listening for the clicking of the locks doesn't cut it in a noisy location.

I am Reattaless presently, but the antenna set up is not there on an 88. It only appears on 89s on, as a wire line at the top of the window.

Tom T

Guest reattasnohio

Drake,

The module is not there and there is no evidence that it ever was installed. Maybe it was ordered from the factory that way.

Chris