Flint

Guest cardinal905

Guest imported_Thriller

Dang...I guess I missed you. Then again, I didn't manage to spend much time there, but you knew I was around if Mark saw me.

I must admit though that the clubhouse got a bit small in Saturday's rain.

One of these years, I'll be able to take in the after tour. Based on what others have said, it is a good time.

Guest cardinal905

I shook your hand in line for breakfast. Sorry I guess I did not introduce myself with the handle. Hope all made it home safely--we did after a 7 hour low ceiling induced layover.

Guest imported_Thriller

While we were outside? I guess it doesn't really matter...I'm sure I'd recognize a photo as someone I've met, but I'm afraid I can't put my finger on it...sigh... blush.gif How embarrassing.

Guest imported_Thriller

Hotel is booked, so I'll be there, although with the Wildcat rather than a pre-war car.

Guest imported_Thriller

The '41 is a driver, and has seen a National...it's been through judging already though...the Wildcat is due so I can stop pandering it.

Guest imported_Thriller

That would be pretty ambitious...perhaps 2010, wherever that will be, assuming it is within reach.

A most modern car like a 29 Mclaughlin should have no problem at all navigating the highways. Specially since you have modern convinences like windshild wipers.

I put at least 500 miles on the 1915 Buick in the pre war tour, plus the GM 100 parade of which I drove the car up from Fenton to reach and it did very well. Also, all the trips back and forth from the Hotel to the show every day. So far, It has proven itself to be a very reliable auto. After all, It is still a Buick, even if it is 94 years old. grin.gif Dave!

Guest imported_Thriller

grin.gif

I have not doubts about their use / reliability - Bill McLaughlin drove his '29 McLaughlin Buick roadster from Toronto to Flint...he also drove to Rochester, MN two years ago. The ambitious part is the fact that mine isn't roadworthy at all and needs restoration. I don't think the mechanical side of it will be a huge issue, although there is always that possibility. With the way I've been spending money over the past two months, even tires and tubes for it (need 6) could come close to breaking the bank, not to mention that Suzanne is currently out checking garage / yard sales crazy.gifshocked.gifcry.gif

It's good to hear it ran well for you Dave.

I just checked my route to Colorado Springs and it is over 1330 miles. It will cost over $450 for fuel one way at $4 per gallon and will be the same to get home again. Add hotels, meals, etc. and it will be well over $2000 to go with a car in tow.

Guest cardinal905

St. Louis sounds like a nice mid point for Yall, It should be in my backyard every year !!! Derek, so you know---I was the one in the fuzzy shot with the Maxwell shirt and my eyes closed at the bkfst. Thanks to all for not giving me crap about the Maxwell shirt ! (Their orphans you know)

Maxwell did become Chrysler, and before all that Walter P. was the president of Buick, It's all in the family so you are safe! wink.gif Now if you showed up in one of them there Ford shirts...... smirk.gifblush.gif Dandy Dave!

Guest cardinal905

Never !! The wife does want a Mustang convertible---well, it was a good marriage while it lasted !

Guest cardinal905

She really liked Rob's wifes 63 convertible that she drove to Flint so I am off the Ford hook !!! When you are ready to sell her let me know Rob---I know you are lurking again !

Guest imported_Rhinelander Rob

Okay Cardinal, you caught me lurking again.

Sorry, niether my wife or the 63 Special are for sale (yet).

What a great trip!