FAKE Buick fender portholes.

Guest REDMAN

FAKE >>??? they remind us of a better time when they were real.. any thing that helps us to remember the good ole days ,as the young says is COOL .bet he dosent have any trouble finding his ride in a bunch of lookalikes.

Guest David Simons

My father and I were riding down the road today and the very same Buick comment was expressed. Although I do not believe they look that bad, I just have too much Mopar pride to put them on anything I own. It would kind of go against my grain.

Guest REDMAN

David , during the course of my near lifetime with chrysler ,several years as a chry product sales person ,and many years as service manager and a few running a chrysler dealership body shop ,then several years as a service development spec with chrysler corp,i learned that an auful lot of the mopar parts were bought from the same place all other mfgs did , take a look at our brake system and read buick, same for alot of other parts ,if the buick spears we put on our buick & packard fender skirts. were sacrelige tell the many thousands of guys my age and you will get an argument ,even western auto and any tire and supply parts were ok ...my stable ..00dakota .. 06pt cruiser .. 360 eng volare suspension 51ford custom sedan pu .. dodge colt powered kit car . 241 dodge hemi waiting for inst in willys aero.. so many projects so little time .all spl autos like ours are for us to have fun with ... enjoy

Guest David Simons

First off, let me qualify my statement again. I said I did not think they looked bad. I also would say my crosshair grill does not belong in my TC. I applaud you for you service with Chrysler but that still does not change my opinion of what I said in the first place. As far as history with Chrysler my roots run as deep as yours. My family has owned nothing but Mopar since 1936 and my TC's are the closest to an off brand vehicle that have been in the family. As far as the sharing of parts, I will also say yes Chrysler an GM have done so in the past and the results were awful. My 95 Ram was a nice truck, as long as you changed the front pads every other oil change. A direct result of GM front calipers. Those Saginaw columns were great too, were they not? Again, thank you for your service but let me remind you that brand loyalty kept you with a job. You can see an example of brand loyalty ay 56imperial.com , I think I have said enough.

Guest David Simons

Redman , let me complete my stable. What is listed above is just my collection. Here are my daily drivers. 06' Jeep Liberty CRD, 2003 W-3500 Cummins Diesel, And let me not forget my pride and joy,1990 W-250 Cummins Diesel with 645,000 miles on it. I think it is fair to claim myself to be as Mopar as you. I hope you do not take me out of context because it is hard to read ones emotions and likewise I hope I am not guilty as the same. I am sure you and I could enjoy shop talk in person. Hope no offense was taken.

not all of what you see may be fake i own 4 tc's and all of them have some custom fender treatment. personally i wood never put fake one's on my car's one of mine has original buick port holes cut into the fender over 5 years ago before they became trendy the others have maserati qutrophe air ports cut into fender and the others early thunderbird hash marks drilled in . you would be surprised at the comments i recieve!one gentleman upon exiting a thrift store exclaimed!i don't koow what type car that is but i know it's no sh---n buick to each his own !

Guest REDMAN

who will be the first to do a continental kit ,really done right ???? maybe even dual spot lites ???

Guest David Simons

look at the site californiacruisers.com and check out the PT Cruiser/47'Town & Country. If it could be done right ,that guy should give it a try.

REDMAN-The enclosed picture is of the LaMota's car from here in Florida. It has a VERY well done cont. kit and a gorgeous dark blue custom soft top. Cost on the top alone was $2500. It has won best modified T/C 2 times at the Florida meet and 3 times at the T/C nationals.

post-38433-143137991166_thumb.jpg

Guest REDMAN

FANTASTIC ,, i also just saw a red t c on e bay with a connie kit . will tell son Jack to get pics this fall ,am proding him to take his to that meet .love it and the white walls & wires , looks like a winner .Jack eat your heart out.

Here's my $.02 (which is worth even less today...)

IMHO...If they were stick-ons....that's kind of tacky.The fact that someone took the time to properly mount them IN the fenders makes them more legit in my book. (never said my opinion would make sense wink.gif ) And I do like the looks of them. I think if you see just one car with them it has a different effect than seeing 3 cars with differing versions. But I also think Mike has does a nice job of matching the fender ports with the hood scoop. And each car taken on it's own is a nicely done unique modification. Would I do it to one of my TC's...no for my burgundy TC, jury is still deliberating on Whitey..

I will say I didn't care for the side pipes though. No offense Mike , but for me, it just reminded me of the late 70's, hot rods and high school....lol. But the other mods I think make your TC's very distinctive..in a good way!! smile.gif

The picture is of the LaMota's car from Florida says it all. Notice the flags? Florida has many people from Puerto Rico and I think their flavor of customizing is sneaking into even the TCs. I for one am a near purist though I like swapping parts between MOPARS. I'm sure many of you have seen my cars and though they are a little different, they are ALL MOPAR.