Coping with gas prices

Guest Old55ford

Guest Old55ford

Hey everyone....I want to run an article in the Deep South Region's newsletter about how those of you who are still attending meets in the capacity of volunteers (i.e. committee chairs, etc.) and judges are handling the astronomical gas prices and how much curtailment those prices have made in your efforts. I plan to contact directly some of the directors who are key personnel to the meet to get their input as well. This will also be posted on the AACA General Forum and the Judges Forum as well.

I thank you for your help and once I get it put together, if you send me your thoughts by E-mail I will be happy to send you and E-mail copy of the newsletter.

Due to health issues of both myself and Patt, we've not been able to travel in the latter part of '07 of this year so it

will be good to hear from you.

Buddy Paquet

Guest Old55ford

OK, guess I been inhaling too many fumes lately and forgot to include the E-mail address....old55ford@bellwouth.net

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Old55ford

I am totally amazed that so few of you have posted a comment on this thread. I can see that it has had a lot of hits but reading only. What I want to know for my newsletter article is if the price of gas is keeping you from going to the meets, are you carpooling, are you going regardless of the price of fuel, etc. Your feedback will be appreciated.

Believe me, were it not for mine and Patt's health issues, we would be there although we would probably be making cut backs in other areas.

Help me out here, guys and gals

Buddy

• 1 month later...

I haven't canceled any of my summer trips because of fuel costs. All these trips, auto and others, are our vacations. The total cost of fuel, let alone the difference in cost from last year, it doesn't come close to adding up to a cruise or other big trip and I have just as much fun or more. When winter comes we stay home and drive the Honda.

• 4 weeks later...

Gas prices have not stopped me, the lack of any quality shows nearby has, also we tend not to do car shows in this area during the summer time, TOO BLOODY HOT, so it works out well. The prices started going up just before the hot weather hit and not they are going down so pretty soon I should be able to get to some shows. Plus I am trying to restore my 56 CLIPPEROD and that has taken a bit of money out of the coffers. I hope to have it done by the time the Packard Nationals roll around next year.

Check into taking a train. My brother just went to Chicago and back and he said it was nice and relaxing, not that expensive and he saved $ on the gas bill. The train will put you in Harrisburg, which is 10 miles away and somebody would surely pick you up. Once at Hershey there are shuttles running everywhere.