1956 BUICK SPEICAL RIVIERA DYNA-FLOW TRANS FILLER TUBE/DIPSTICK

Guest mark wysatta

Guest mark wysatta

NEED TRANSMISSION DIPTICK TUBE ASSEMBLY (OR AT LEAST A SCHEMATIC) FOR 56' BUICK SPECIAL RIVIERA DYNA-FLOW TRANSMISSION.

I have a 56 Buick Special RivIera, 2-door hardtop. I need a dipstick and the filler-tube for the Dyna-Flow transmission.

I have purchased a couple of different tubes --- one from an e-bay seller and one from J.C. Whitney. Neither one was correct. Fortunately, neither was too expensive. But, none the less I am still looking for the correct stick and filler tube for my transmission.

I am unable to measure the amount of fluid in my trnasmission. It was rigged with a heater hose clamped to the filler tube spout when I bought the car. It leaks a lot, so I have been only guessing at how much fluid is in the transmission.

I WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR ANY INFO. THANKS!

I hope this will help you a lot,the tube I measured is from 1955 but I compered with my 1956 an could´t see any differents about length.The dip stick is from my 1956.As you can see the tube is ending in the middle of spark plug cover against the cowl.

Leif in Sweden.

post-31268-143137985624_thumb.jpg

post-31268-143137985626_thumb.jpg

Guest mark wysatta

Thanks Leif -- I really appreciate you sending me the info and pictures. It will help me in my quest to find this piece. Because of your help I might be able to fashion the piece myself if necessary. Hope you're doing well with your Buicks. Thanks again, Mark

Guest imported_MrEarl

markwysatta,

I can probably help you out with a tube and a dip stick. Where are you.

Guest imported_MrEarl

YO markwysatta, I've got a tube and a stick if you need it. Just need an address. whistle.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

I think this is what you are looking for. If so I'll get it packed and on it's way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markwysatta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'll be glad to pay you for this item. Thanks, Mark Wysatta </div></div>

After all you been through...no charge. smile.gif I hope you're already a member of the Buick Club of America but if not I hope you'll join. Also please join us down in the BCA Forum, just scroll on down. Also stop in and see us 54 Buick lovers over in 1954Buick.com smile.gif

7ae8aa74.jpg

15cfd226.jpg

BTW the picture in my signature came to mind while I reaching over the fender trying to get that hose connector loose.

• 4 weeks later...

I was also looking for this information and parts. Anyone have another one avaliable? If not I can fab something from the great pics and dimensions.

I also need a trans shift arm or dimensions. The arm on the trans I have is too short.

Thanks much for the support.