1990 Reatta

myantis

I have owned two Buick Reattas, but was not able to keep either one of them for whatever reason. I would like to purchase another one because of their beauty and their rarity. I have found a 1990 Coupe which is the tan/champagne/beige color. It has about 104,000 miles on it. The guy says the transmission has been replaced and two of the three computer screens have been replaced (right and center). I see very few of them in that particular color--are there any potential problems I should know about for that year? How difficult are they to repair and maintain. I am in the Central Ohio area.

I suppose that "screens" isn't exactly the right terminology--I assume it is the "chip" or whatever you might replace to make the dashboard screen/computer work properly. I did not have my other Reattas long enough to have to replace any of it. If two have been replaced, is it likely that I would have to have the third one changed?

I think the going cost for rebuilt 90 displays is about $150, exchange. If you can find a Riviera in the salvage yard, that display will work too. The biggest thing to check is the brakes. Look at the brake test on this site and do them. Aside from that, the driveline is standard GM issue. I find the car to be less costly to maintain that most 18 year old cars, and far far less costly than most 18 year olds. Make sure the paint code matches the car unless you are satisfied that it is original.

I would contact Jim Finn for a price on the instrument cluster. I looked on various websites for used clusters and they are scaaarce! Make sure that all 8 warning [4 on each side]lights work!

Other then passing the brake test, you can pretty much address everything else thru this website.

Thanks for the information. I did run a CarFax report on it and it does not seem to have been wrecked or anything. Do you know anything about the desirability of the color (beige/tan)? I know that most of them seem to be black, red or white. Is that because there was no market for this color? I think it is beautiful, but that's just my "eye"!!

Thanks again.

M. Yantis

The color you're referring to is called Driftwood. '90 was the only year of production for this color. Just under 500 were produced for the year. It is a great color for not showing dirt. Does this car have black bumper strips and side mouldings or are they the same color as the rest of the body? I agree. I think it's a very nice color for a Reatta. Have had one myself.

Mike

Hello Mike:

I haven't seen the car yet--plan to over the week-end. From the photos, the bumper and side moldings are the same color as the car. That is what I prefer. I don't like any of the colors with the black molding except the black ones of course.

So, are these little beauties collector cars or are they going to be some day?

Millie

Guest C.F.Massie

Welcome aboard, you will gain a ton of insight and appreciation for this Reatta forum and all the people who contribute to it.

We are talking about another associated website that you can find technical data and diagnostic test for the Reatta, especially the brakes at <span style="font-weight: bold">http://www.reatta.net/brakes.html</span>

Again welcome and hope you enjoy your Reatta as much as we enjoy ours.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: myantis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't seen the car yet--plan to over the week-end.

So, are these little beauties collector cars or are they going to be some day?

Millie </div></div>

Welcome to the forum!! We always like to see new photos of Reattas. Do you have some you could post?

Most people here on the forum treat our Reattas like they are collector cars. Weather they are or not could be debated I guess but I feel they are. I consider almost any car that is scarce like the Reatta and 20 years old to be collectible.