Ooooh that felt good

Guest imported_Thriller

Guest imported_Thriller

So, the itch got scratched. Most of the snow is gone now, but some lingers and some spots are wet. Anyway, I was a bit too late (slept in) to get everything ready for today's local car club meeting, but I got it dealt with after. I checked the battery and topped up the charge, installed in the '41...a touch of gas in the carbs and she fired right up.

Everything was going well, so I took her for a bit of a drive just around a few blocks near the house.

It was really good to scratch the Buick itch. I smell like exhaust from being in the garage with the car running...all is good with the world.

Guest ZondaC12

GREAT to hear! You can only go so long before it really starts to tear ya apart! Since the entire exhaust on my car is made of parts store flex pipe it's easy to mess around with. This weekend I disconnected it from the muffler and blasted around town a whole lot Saturday. Rained Friday afternoon and earlier today but Saturday was real nice so I figured why not scare some people!! laugh.gif That was fun. It was kinda loud. Not sure why????? Ne 1 noe y mie kar wuzz so lowwd??? confused.gif

(and I'm gonna 2nd the remark on smelling like exhaust fumes!!! Mom reminds me of that all the time the second I walk in the house!!!!)

Oh Yeah, Know the feeling! I took the '68 GS out last weekend to a "little" cruise that was packed, I couldn't even park with them, ended up in the bowling alley parking lot next door! This weekend, another story, big rains and hail and thunderstorms on Friday night, rain most of Saturday, and snow on Sunday morning! Yard is soaked so unless I wanted to mud bogging, it's not going to happen again for a few days!

Guest ewing

oh yea, I had the 38 out this weekend. Parked it by the house saturday night , so I'd be ready for the meeting sunday. Kind of a frosty start. But I agree with Derek, love to get back in to the car a smell that old car again. There's nothing else like it. Pity, some non car people just don't get it! frostystartto2008ue6.jpg

readytogolp2.jpg

Guest ewing

and we don't have to just oggle the pictures, now we can get out and drive! Looking forward to next sunday brunch. Have been for weeks now. 2bluebuicksqw1.jpg

byranswildcatmd0.jpg

Guest imported_Thriller

You just had to show off that hot rod Wildcat, didn't you? Actually, it is kind of fun ribbing the owner about it...under the hood, everything is either the red colour of the car or chromed...pretty bright under there on a sunny day. But the car is basically stock otherwise...not totally pimped out.

Well, been driving Yoda literally everyday for the past month. Rain, shine whatever. Certainly can't hurt him since he's so far from perfect. Smells really old and musty and I hate to change that. Just love that smell. After three years I've finally figured out the magic starting routine. 4 pumps of the pedal gives a quick start. And, without the black junk on the ground that I usually see. I don't get it. Oh well....I think I'll take him out now!

Gary

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Gary, just keep him away from that plasma cutter. smile.gif </div></div>

Could spell death to a wonderful old Buick. frown.gif

I can hear the crys now. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... That really hurt. See if start for you next time, YOU, You, yoou mutilating... chopping... murderer you. crazy.gif

Yes, it's true, old cars do have personality and character! wink.gif

And sometimes they even show unexplainable emotions. shocked.gif

laugh.gif Dandy Dave!