FS soon...1937 Packard 120 Convertible...

I've owned a 37' Packard for approximately 27 years! What a dependable vehicle it has been. I am thinking about selling and I have not kept up with the market.

How available are these cars these days and what are they worth? Mine has been restored and is in very good condition. Will be marketing very soon.

Guest 39Super8

Here was a recent discussion about 120 values, though not open cars, 120’s in general. From the tone of that discussion, it seems like 120’s are bringing good money, and have gained much momentum in recent years. Look around on the net and see what people are asking.

http://forums.aaca.org/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/488600/fpart/1

Best of luck,

Jim

Thanks for the information. Interesting postings, especially liked the one on value and cost, so true.

As you suggested, I have been looking around the net, checking Hemmings and numerous other classic car sites and so far I have not found a car that looks like mine. Most do not have the dual side mounts or the trunk attachment. Most are not even the same year. I have noticed several coupes, however I am inclined to believe they do not draw the same money...yes, no?

I would not consider selling this car but it was purchased (originally) to be a retirement investment, and/or to help my daughters buy a home....guess which option surfaced first?

Thanks again!

Thanks for the information. Interesting postings, especially liked the one on value and cost, so true.

As you suggested, I have been looking around the net, checking Hemmings and numerous other classic car sites and so far I have not found a car that looks like mine. Most do not have the dual side mounts or the trunk attachment. Most are not even the same year. I have noticed several coupes, however I am inclined to believe they do not draw the same money...yes, no?

I would not consider selling this car but it was purchased (originally) to be a retirement investment, and/or to help my daughters buy a home....guess which option surfaced first?

Thanks again!

Fascinating. I don't disagree, just amazed that not that long ago, Senior Packards were in the 50K to 60K range, and now a junior series brings that money. I am not criticizing the junior cars; I drove a 1937 convertible coupe professionally restored (White Post), and there are few more delightful automobiles to drive. Classic with a capital C means something to some people, and nothing to others. Great car, and if in really nice condition (that means not a 1950 dust-it-and-paint-it restoration), should easily be in the 40's to 50's. An old restoration needing everything again, maybe $25K or slightly more. Happy (Packard, but would rather be in Pierce) Motoring! David Coco Winchester VA.

Fascinating. I don't disagree, just amazed that not that long ago, Senior Packards were in the 50K to 60K range, and now a junior series brings that money. I am not criticizing the junior cars; I drove a 1937 convertible coupe professionally restored (White Post), and there are few more delightful automobiles to drive. Classic with a capital C means something to some people, and nothing to others. Great car, and if in really nice condition (that means not a 1950 dust-it-and-paint-it restoration), should easily be in the 40's to 50's. An old restoration needing everything again, maybe $25K or slightly more. Happy (Packard, but would rather be in Pierce) Motoring! David Coco Winchester VA.

Any recommendations on Auto Appraisers? I am looking at one offered through Kruse International, they do an online apprasial. They have you send in many pictures, from all angles, including interior and engine and have you complete a pretty detailed form. How trust worthy are these apprasials? Are they considered "credible"?

I'm pretty sure that a Kruse appraisal wouldn't stand up in court, even if they do get the number right. There's a conflict in interest going on there. Many collector car dealers also offer appraisals, but if ever brought to court, they'd disregard it. You need to go to an independent appraiser, with no vested interest in the value of the car.