What options were available

Ronnie

What were the options that could be ordered for the Reatta over the 4 years they were produced? Is there a list posted anywhere?

Ive heard of Sunroof, 16 Way Seats and CD Player. Any more? Were painted wheels optional? 16" wheels?

Were any colors considered special options? Is there a list of colors available posted anywhere?

Thanks

Hi Ronnie, John here ... when I purchased a Maroon 1990 (new .... sold it in 1995) the three options you mentioned were the only ones they offered me ... I took all three. If there were others the dealeship in Landover Maryland at the time didn't offer them.

I bet Barney has a list tucked away somwhere.

See ya, John

Guest TommyH

16-way seats, all years

sunroof-all years

convertable-2nd Gen cars only

cd player-2nd gen cars olny

16" wheels standard on 91, not optional any other years.

Also, you could have the side trim painted black, or the body color.

Guest CL_Reatta

from what I remember the sunroof wasn't offered in '88...unless something was discovered during the time I wasn't here

From other posts that I have read, sunroofs were not available initially in 1988, but somewhere during the production year a decision was made to install them as the sunroof was to become an option in 1989. So therefore late model '88s could have them. So Tommy is correct.

Guest mongeonman

They all had the security called theft deterrent,to activate it you must use the lock button on the door and close it,then to disactivate it you must use the key to unlock,maybe yours does not work,if you have a service manual take a look it will explain how it works.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mongeonman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They all had the security called theft deterrent,to activate it you must use the lock button on the door and close it,then to disactivate it you must use the key to unlock,maybe yours does not work,if you have a service manual take a look it will explain how it works. </div></div>

You are right, but I was thinking of the systems with the key fob remote control.

Guest TommyH

Oh yeah, no remote entry on the 88. I know and have seen an 88, grey, the rares color, with grey interior, sunroof, and 16-way seats with suede. It only had 54000 miles on it when it was totalled.

Here it is now:

IMAGE_00030.jpg

Here is the 89 black.

IMAGE_00029.jpg

Here is the red/marron 89. It had an engine fire. No options on this one, though. Click to see larger.

image264fgfgdffgdne7.th.jpg

Ouch,

Tommy, do you own those three wrecks? It would pain me terribly to see 3 formerly nice cars sitting in that condition. I'd expect to see that in a salvage yard, but these look to be on somebody's (your?) property. A sad reminder to have to look at on a daily basis if they are in your yard.

Anyway, on the options I think most here has already been covered. On the 91 wheels, the only option was to have to stock rims painted white (available only on a white car) instead of silver. Other body colors on the rims were not offered AFAIK.

Remote keyless entry was not available in 88, even as an option. It was standard the other three years. No premium sound system was ever offered on the Reatta, only the outboard CD player was optional in 90 and 91. The Riviera may have had a Bose option, but I don't recall seeing it referenced in either the 90 or 91 FSM.

I do recall seeing mention in the FSM of an auto-dimming rear view mirror. Perhaps this was only available on the Riv? I've not yet seen a Reatta with one, though I would like to add one to mine. Anybody here have a stock Reatta with an auto dimming rear-view and map lights?

KDirk

1988 literature does not show the sun roof as being available. However, sunroofs started showing up on 1988 Reattas after vin# 902400 so we know they were actually produced in 1988. Also if you find a sunroof that is glass, that is not factory. All factory sunroofs were steel, painted the same color as the exterior of the car.

In 1991 white wheels (instead of silver) were available on white cars (both coupes and convertibles) only. There were not a lot of cars made with the white wheels, mayby less than 5% of the white cars. The cost was $100

Also in 1991, white leather seats were available on convertibles only. You could order the white seats with either flame red or blue trim (carpet, dash, steering wheel were red or blue) the door panels and area behind the seats was white (vinyl) This option was available with or without the 16way seat option and was a $100 option.

Again very rare as only 5 convertibles were made with the option. We can identify the cars by their vin number. All had white exterior except 900561 which was maui blue with blue interior trim.

There were no other (except those mentioned above) options.

In 1990 black convertible tops were made in both vinyl and cloth. We have not determined how you got which and there was no cost difference. The 1990 Product Manual that was issued to the dealer indicated that a blue and red cloth convertible top was available. However, other than one early car of each (which appear to have been scrapped) no 1990 convertibles have surfaced with either a red or blue top.