A larger Bugle and an increase in dues

Bill Stoneberg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thriller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoneberg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Persistance --- Mikes Definition is 1 pee break every 1500 miles whether you need it or not.

</div></div>

Every fuel stop is likely more like it grin.gif

</div></div>

C'mon Dude,

That's only like every two hours. laugh.gif

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

After reading this entire thread, $5 increase makes no difference to me. But, no one has addressed the topic of .. what if a member is paid dues for the next 1,2,3 yrs prior to the increase? I'm paid for 3 yrs. Am I obligated to pay that $5 increase for that time period? That's $180. If the answer is yes, I won't pay and let my membership lapse. Yes the Bugle is a very informative magazine, but not worth me paying that $180 over what I've already paid.

On another note of the Bugle.. The End of year or begining of the year (which ever you prefer) Contains the membership roster. Ok now I may be overly cautious with my personal information, but think about it. This contains your name, address, and phone number. I think that the member should be given the opportunity to either say yes or no to having their information posted. There is a such thing as the privacy act. Gotta love Social Engineering to make you think about this. Another reason why I'm not so sure about joining this organization. I would prefer my personal information left out of this publication.

Yes, there is a privacy concern about information listed in The Roster. There IS also a statement in the document that the information listed is to be used ONLY for contact of other BCA members by BCA members and NO commercial uses allowed. From what I've seen over the years, that has generally been honored AND policed well by the BCA Office.

The other option is to limit the information you allow to be published in The Roster. Name, address, and BCA number are probably the least that can be there, but other items would be optional or "at your discretion" (i.e., phone number, email, vehicles owned). That's the way I look at it, whether it's the BCA or a local car club.

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

I think there should be an option that you can have no information published if you so desire. Then in the front of the book, just a little disclaimer that xxx number of members declined to have their information posted in the roster.

Any piece of information published should be at the discretion of the member. In this day and age, it's easy for some unscrupulous individuals to get your information and use it for all sorts of illegal purposes...phishing being the most prevalent. As an example, the Pittsburgh Tri-Shields has posted a new e-mail address for contacting the club. In one (1) day after making this e-mail address public, we were informed by 2 different banks that we needed to re-verify our account information. In less than a week, we were notified that we had accounts we owned but hadn't claimed, and we needed to go claim the info. Just yesterday we were notified we had one of our bank accounts suspended and we have a new e-mail address on out pay-pal account. The phishing expeditions just don't stop. Odd, the club hasn't been approached about little blue pills or augmentation surgery...yet. (And the first joker that sends us one of those from this board, well, NO SOUP FOR YOU!)

Just because you join the club, doesn't mean you have to have your information listed. If you want to be a lurker, go ahead. If you want to be a leader, step up. I think it's just right to provide for all types of personalities.

Just my .02 on the subject.

Guest Dans 77 Limited

I guess that one I sent you about the misspelling on the titles of your GNs isnt going to work either. Im just still trying to understand how they cant realize that your last name is spelled DUGAN and that those titles were all sent to the wrong person grin.gif