FS-1931 Packard 840 Dual Cowl Phaeton

motoringicons

A rare opportunity to own an original bodied, open Packard. This 1931 Deluxe Eight 840 Dual cowl phaeton is not only an original five passenger phaeton, but a correct and original dual cowl-not a later conversion. It is a near perfect restoration ready for high point judging or cross country touring. All original and proper throughout. Runs and drives like new.Great provenance. 245,000.00 734-730-4274 or motoringicons@hotmail.com

post-32715-14313797034_thumb.jpg

post-32715-143137970347_thumb.jpg

Wow where are they all coming from now. Beautiful car there...Wonder if mine will be worth that much when I am finished with it smile.gif

FYI,

Can you reduce the picture hard to see whole car when you have to pan back and forth.

Maybe the web guru can help us out here???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: West Peterson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll take it!!!

....driving lights, though. They seem to be facing the ditch while the wheels are lined up with the world. </div></div>

A question - were there directional driving lights available, that is they turned when the front wheels turned? I think there is a rod between the lights, at the back, which could be part of such a mechanism.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Packin31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow where are they all coming from now. Beautiful car there...Wonder if mine will be worth that much when I am finished with it smile.gif

</div></div>

Only if you Sawzall your roof off smirk.gif

Should we ask for pictures of the dampener smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tbirdman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a rod that connects back to the steering arm that turns the lights in the direction of the wheels. These are known as Pilot Ray lights. West hates them laugh.gif </div></div>

tbirdman,

Thanks for that.

While I'd rather see the car without extra lights, I actually kind of like Pilot Rays, cuz they're a little smaller than Trippe Lights, and more tear-drop shaped. Plus I think the "turn-with-the-wheels" feature is cool.

I was checking the definition of "dampener" and was surprised to find two meanings. I always thought dampener meant "to make something wet." But it also says that it means "to become deadened or depressed."

However, in the automotive world, I believe the correct word is damper and/or damping.

Any other thoughts on this, or do you just want to shoot this editor?