1941 Luxury liner

Xan

I am buying a 1941 Dodgew Luxury Liner 4 door Sedan.

I copyed the serial number from the right side door frame. Its 30501017. i copied the number off the engin to its. 630175-3. There was a plate under the hood on the fire wall it is 82712S. Ther was a star of david on the plate very corroded. I had to wet dust to show the number. lol. I dont know what these numbers mean. I just fell in love with the car. It has the origonal tube radio. I cant seem to find anything on these prewar cars. I figured you all would point me the right direction. THank you for your time and attention

between the custom and deluxe 4 door luxury liners there were 124,246 built , they were powered by a 217 cubic " engine , fluid drive was offered as an option the Deluxe cost $920 the custom was $965 . the only difference between them was the interior trim , these figures came from the book THE DODGE STORY.

• 5 weeks later...

You should go to the Dodge and Chrysler boards and look for threads on Fluid Drive.

This is an early effort at an automatic, that combines features of a standard and automatic.

It is not hard to drive but it will drive you nuts figuring it out if you don't know how they work. A little reading will soon clear things up.

Might be best to brush up on this before you try to drive it.

I have never owned a fluid drive vehicle , but have a freind who owns a 42 D22 dodge with dfluid drive and have driven this car extensively , probably over 1500 miles . the fluid drive in this car is not like the later versions as it does not have the high /low , it is just like a normal gear box to change , if you want to,you use the clutch and change up or down just like a normal box . but if you come up to the lights or just want to stop leave it in high or what ever gear you are in with your foot on the brake and you can take off in whatever gear you are in al though don't expect a record braking performance . another thing when you go to start it up make shure it is out of gear , they werent fitted with a safety switch like the modern auto's