New DB owner

Sizemore

• 2 weeks later...

I have been going thru the DB mechanic manual for 27 and cannot find the engine like in the car. I have put around 100 miles on the car so far. and no problems other than the fan hub. A repalcedment is on the way.

There is a body tag on the firewall that say "all steel" "Budd" any info on this. thanks

John

I think the '27 actually had 5 differant engine configurations, all similar but differant. You may have to get the next edition of the Book of Information to get the real info for your particular engine. The B of I was changed when enough significant changes to the car were made to warrant a reprint. The changes didn't necessarily happen with year changes. Budd made almost all the DB bodies.

There is not alot of info out there on the 124 model. It was only produced for a short time before the '28 models came out. I have a 124 roadster that I have been trying to get info on and it is like pulling teeth from someone who has no teeth! smile.gif People confuse it with the 28 fast 4 cars because of the engine and as said before there were several engine / model changes in 27. Keep in touch, maybe we can share info back and forth! What does your dash look like? Can you post a pic of that or send me some pics? I have put mine together from a rolling chassis and am still researching and looking for parts.

Hey thanks! That is the kind of dash I am looking for for my roadster! And the dash light, choke cable/knob, etc. Your amp and oil are non stock of course, being late replacement Stewart Warner. You should have a 20 amp guage and a 4 pound oil guage, both white faced. Is there glass over the whole guage panel? And where is your light switch?