reatta is hurt pretty bad....

Zakarasu

Was driving today and for some reason I "zoned" out and ran a red light... hit a 05 kia at 45mph. waiting on the report to see if its totaled or not, I'd like to fix it, but that is alot of cosmetic damage, what do yall think? Worth it or not? ill get back with yall and tell yall the settlement.

post-48728-143137959701_thumb.jpg

post-48728-143137959707_thumb.jpg

post-48728-143137959959_thumb.jpg

Here is the number fo my parts guy, not to take business away from Jim, but he is willing to deal to get his stuff gone, you know, only so much room for stuff.

(740)-703-7350. 8am-5pm. His name is Jim Blue, he runs Blue's Auto Service. Great guy. Sold me the entire rear hub assembly, including control arm, shock, break, everything, $50. Then again, I have bought stuff from him before, and I think he likes me. Dunno why...:P

alright thx TommyH, i'll try him, but if the car's frame is totaled, ill have no choice but to just part it out, hope to god it isn't. As far as i can see, the radiator and airbag was only other things broken besides the body damage, but i could'nt really lift the hood to see.

Guest wally888

A local junk yard has a front clip! (Warner Robins, Ga.)

Let me know if interested, I know owner but that shouldn't drive the price up much!

With 182K you car is probably not worth fixing and if you have insurance the company will definitely total it. I have all the parts but there would be some shipping costs. I would recommend, since you are not too far from Winston Salem, that you contact Bob, Progoofoff for the parts.

Guest Greg Ross

There's a publication you'll need to ask your insurance adjuster about,(maybe Nic can confirm) I think the title is something like "Vehicles of Particular Interest" Value will be substantially more then what the adjuster quotes you out of the Blue Book or Black Book/ whichever they use for reference.

From what I have seen the past few years, your extent of damage particularly with the air bag deployment, will likely inspire your adjuster to write the car off. You would most likely be given the option to buy the salvage, deduct from the settlement value but the above publication may have a net benifit on that value.

Caution though, with the settlement done as a writeoff, the vehicle with then be given a "salvage Title" which will hurt your restored value if you elect to take the proceeds and repair the vehicle yourself.

My 2 cents worth!

Maybe someone could use the information below from this website.

medbooknewcar.gif

"In March 2002 Black Book purchased Cars of Particular Interest. In addition to the CPI book, we have an Internet based solution that contains the same trusted values you are used to, with just a different look and feel. If you would like to subscribe to this product please click on the following link BUY NOW or contact us at 800-367-3759.

The Cars of Particular Interest information may be licensed as an internet portal or database for use in other products and or for some other services, if you are interested in these solutions please contact us at 800-300-6625."

Sorry about the accident. The car is probably fixable, but you must analize what you have after doing the work.

If Jim is correct on the mileage, the car is not worth the time, effort, and $$..

There are 100k Reattas out there that can be purchased for $2500-3000, add another couple thousand and you can get a 70K car.

okay guys, today it sat in the tow yard, ajuster is supposed to toe it tommorow somewhere and look at, gonna call and recommend my own body shop before he does that. I am keeping in mind of what yall said about is it worth it or not. I just love that car and don't really want to get rid of it. In the event that I fix it, I would rather buy the parts on here because I trust all of yall. Can I get a quote from somebody on the whole front end (hood, left fender, bumber, bottom grill) I am pretty sure that the turn signals and headlights are in tact, going to check them tommorow. I have a spare right fender in my garage also. Also if anyone has a spare radiator, a quote on that also. Ill go from there, after I see what the adjuster says tommorow.

p.s. - how much usually does a airbag cost to put back in? and on the kelly blue book value, which value do i use? trade-in? prive-party? or retail?

Thank all of yall once again.

Guest alex_houston

Car looks completely repairable for do-it-yourself. I have fixed worse just for fun.

Guaranteed insurance will total it though.

back again, dad gave me the details on what the adjuster said when he came out today and looked at it. He totaled it of course, although he never told me dad how much damage I did in terms of $$$. The check would be around 4000, that he said which suprized the hell outa me, cause my parents 97 taurus only got 3000. I have pondered alot about fixing it, but the car is too old, with too many miles (182k), i'd be better buying the car back from the insurance company for 300 dollars for a parts car and buying another reatta. Now the decision is... how far do i drive to find another.... when it was only 2 miles up the street to find the first one...

Santa came early for you this year, congratulations!!!

I would only search continental North America unlike Jim who would go farther afield ;-)