REATTA ARTICLE IN AUTOMOBILE-QUARTERLY AVAILABLE ONLINE

dnt

480e_1.JPG

<span style="text-decoration: underline">AUTOMOBILE QUARTERLY</span> (1990) Vol 28 No 2 contains an 11 page REATTA article, with color plates, which you can download for educational and comment purposes only at:

REATTA ARTICLE

(works best if you put cursor over link above and right click and save file. If you have cable, it takes around a minute to download; if you have dialup, it will take 43 days to download ;-)

If you are able to download the article successfully, please post a response to this thread with any comments. In this manner this thread will stay active and others will see and have the opportunity comment on the article.

Guest F14CRAZY

Thanks for posting. I read it through again though it seems like I've read it before.

It's a total shame really (the Reatta). I'm glad they actually made it it so it exists today, but its weak focus and watered down performance doomed it from the beginning. Bob Lutz would never have let this happen

I had no trouble at all downloading it. A good article but more of a "what could have been" feel to it than what was probably necessary. I will always remember the first Reatta I ever saw. A beautiful red coupe (not sure of the year) that the owner obviously took great care of. I initially assumed it was a exotic import of some kind until I saw the Buick logo on back.

And when I did some research on it and discovered all about the digital CRT I knew I had to have one! I am the ultimate gadget freak I guess smile.gif

I love reading these old reviews so keep em' coming. I have some of the original reviews from Car and Driver or Motor Trend so if these are not available let me know and I can scan them.

Luke

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 63viking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got a message saying that the file was damaged and could not be repaired.??? </div></div>

Did you try right clicking on the link and saving the file?

For those of you who can't download the article but would like to read it, there is hope. Around Thanksgiving time 2002 I, along with another forum member, typed out the entire article. Actually, to be honest, I used voice activated software, but it took a while none the less. It was over several days, but if you go to the Search feature and type in Automobile Quarterly (in title and body) and let it sort older than 7 years, you will find the pages. The text is the entire article. Sorry, there are no scans for pictures.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 63viking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got a message saying that the file was damaged and could not be repaired.??? </div></div>

I assume you were ultimately able to download the article based on your private comments as to what you believed was the dpi scan resolution utilized.

• 2 months later...