Wow. Someone's gonna get a DEAL. $22k for a '37 Limo!!!!

Guest ZondaC12

Guest ZondaC12

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1937-Buic...sspagenameZWDVW

I would like to know where this guy got his price from. The <span style="font-weight: bold">Buy it Now</span> is set at 22500. I confirmed my initial reaction with manheim gold, yep way less than its worth, even if its a Formal Sedan not a limo. (haha im not THAT good yet I dont know the subtle differences, so I dont know which).

You know, it's funny. I would imagine most of us, and people in general really, dream of finding someone who doesn't know what they're sitting on and are letting something really valuable go for cheap. Myself included. But after my aforementioned initial reaction of utter surprise, I sat back and thought "I couldnt do it if I had the money". I believe that you should know the value of what you've got, but I just don't think I could take advantage of someone's ignorance like that. Im sure others agree.

It's like a no-brainer situation, but there's nothing worse than that awful 5 letter word. GUILT. Hangs over you like a dark dark raincloud. I probably couldn't enjoy the thing.

And then theres the other possibility---SCAM!!! Or something similar. Unfortunately it's been proven many many times---"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!!!"

Yes, I agree that seems very reasonable for the car. But, the interior of course is awful and all wrong, and that sends up a red flag, what else was done wrong on the car? And even though they are Classics, the Limited big limos just don't seem to bring big money unless they are perfect.

To redo the upholstery in this car would probably cost 10K or more.

Interesting car. thanks for link = David Coco, Winchester Va.

Guest imported_Thriller

Well, the guy claims to have put $70k into the car in the last 2 years, so one would think there's a reason for the "fire sale".

It would still be a great car to have if you have appropriate space for it, which I don't...sigh.

Now, since it was a funeral car, could it have been customized from the beginning with a "plusher" interior? Just curious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: windjamer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey West, just what do you know about the mustang ranch?? </div></div>

Only that it's in Nevada. Honest. wink.gif

I agree with what was said earlier. If the interior is redone that wrong and awful, just what else has been done to the same standards??? And I wonder if the person that got the $70,000 can be found, or has he changed his phone number? grin.gif I know I would.

As time goes by, the traditional price guides are becoming less and less reliable--auction results are skewing market pricing for many cars like these big Buicks. I'd say that price is spot-on for a car like that. Spending $70 grand on a restoration doesn't make the car worth $70 grand.

The Limited Buicks don't seem to command big dollars, but a buyer does get a lot of Buick for his buck. Classics or not, they aren't particularly valuable, even in top condition (which this one isn't). I think the car was priced appropriately and the buyer recognized that fact, SuperFly interior notwithstanding.

Guest ZondaC12

Wow the interior sure seems to be the deal-breaker! Though I know red interiors aren't quite that desirable...for reasons stated, etc etc. Personally I don't mind em as much, my friend's 1988 Beretta has a red interior and I think it's nice-looking, but that happens to be my personal preference. I agree I would want it to have the correct tan interior these things have. I must say I do love the way mine looks! grin.gifcool.gif

"A lot of Buick for the buck" that's what amazed me about the whole thing. For that price, it's the 90 series (I CANT help but want one just because its the biggest one! Practically a bus!!!) and so it's got the big engine, all the appointments of the 90 series, the extra seats, all that room back there, etc.