Parts needed for mold

RivNut

Gents,

Bobby Ward, the owner of North Yale Auto Parts, has been supplying us Riviera owners with new reproduction rubber seals and ABS plastic bumper fillers for quite some time now. Bobby wants to start making his own fillers rather than selling what's available now (cheaply made and inconsistent quality.)

He has a pristine set of original ones for the rear of a 79-85 Riviera, but needs a set of fronts from which to make a set of molds.

He wants to make his new ones thicker, a more consistent thickness throughout, AND reproduce his in the same number of pieces as they were OEM; all this would go a long way to make a desperately needed part that much better. He'll return what ever he borrows.

If you have something he can use, contact him at nyap2001@yahoo.com or you can reply to me through this post.

Just out of curiosity, would they be flexible like the originals or just higher-quality inflexible ones?

I have an '84 Seville with its original fillers which fortunately are intact and look perfect, but are just a tiny impact away from disintegration as they are now quite brittle.

The aftermarket ones I've looked at are made up with more pieces and their inflexibility would seem to lead to more damage to the surrounding sheet metal in a minor impact.

It always seemed a little strange that the flexible bumper covers (fascias) never seemed to have the same flexibility and durability issues that the bumper fillers did. Even a good "used" filler can be "one flex away from breaking", by observation.

Enjoy!

NTX5467