Local Car Show

old-tank

Today I went to a local car show without a car for the first time in years. It was a treat to talk to others about their car instead of talking about mine for a change. Anyhow there were 3 Buicks: a spectacular (sorry Pete for borrowing your favorite adjective) all original low mileage 1951 Special Deluxe 4dr; a recently restored 1963 Skylark CVT; and a recently 'personalized' 1965 Gran Sport 4 speed with dual carbs. I had a long conversation about the Gran Sport and found that this car is driven and driven hard regularly (the rear tires are shredded and have a definite 'smoke stain' on the edges.

All of the owners were receptive to joining the BCA and local Alamo Chapter so maybe I can get a ride in one or all of these nice cars.

Willie

No pictures?...I did have my newfangled phone that has a camera and video, but did not take any. That's because I'm too cheap to buy the software to get it from the phone to the computer and I am definitely too cheap to pay for sending over the phone network.

Willie

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: old-tank</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Winnipegger?...Now I get it, you are probably referring to a very frugal person from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada....I first thought you were referring to a personal problem eek.gif </div></div>

Very frugal? Coming from elsewhere, I'd say Winnipeggers are cheap. They try to sugar coat it with other ways of putting it, but that's my impression of reality.