Ok Peerless guys, check this out...

R W Burgess

Wayne

I looked at the photo but the car doesn't ring a bell with me. The round cowl and long hood are really distinctive. My grandpa's 1910 Buick raceabout had a similar radiator, RHD, and "outboard" control levers, but this looks different. I'll have to get out some books.

-Jeff

There are no visual 'cues' that I can see to tell if it is a Peerless. Size? Perhaps, but there would have been other large cars back then too. I see it is right hand drive, which for Peerless would date it. However,my reference materials are at home so I can't tell you the cut off date for the switch.

I'm leaning toward saying no because of no brass 'Peerless' across the radiator, simple caps, and the lack of an overhead covering of some sort. The round cowl section of the photo car also throws me off.

Peerless catered to the wealthy, and the wealthy typically wanted some protection from elements, however crude back then. This model does look sporty, and Peerless did race, but then used that for advertising more then actually building the lighter weight sportier bodies.

I really don't know what it is. Sounds like a case for Horseless Carriage Club or Veteran Motor Car Club members. I bet Brass Era expert Don Meyer would know. He buys and sells London-to-Brighton-Run automobiles.

The round cowl resembles the 1907 Franklin, but it had a round hood, too. The 1913 Locomobile and Oldsmobile sixes have similar hoods. I found a picture of a 1913 Peerless with Right Hand Drive and a hood like that, but it had electric lights. ---Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I have to concede defeat on this mystery car!! I looked at a lot of sources online and off and could only find near-matches. I DID find five vehicles that you could put in a parade with the Hibbing, MN car and get people to think they were built by the same company ( if they drove by fast enough ):

1913 Locomobile 4-Pass.Torpedo

1914 Overland Mod 79 Roadster

1912 Kissel-Kar Speedster

1912 Pathfinder Roadster

1911 Peerless

I could also weasel-out by claiming that the auto has a unique custom body or even that it is made from parts of different cars by a skillful backyard mechanic, but that would be guessing. ---Jeff