Suggestions for PACKAGE TRAY repair??

johnnyrock70

<span style="color: #3366FF"><span style="font-weight: bold">hi,

anybody out there have suggestions on the best place to have a rear window Package Tray re-furbished?????</span></span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">OR - proper materials on how do do it myself? ('71 Buick)</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">THANKS!</span>

Guest bkazmer

If this is the usual painted hardboard (heavy cardboard) get some in an appropriate color (or paint it). Restoration Supplies, Lebaron Bonney, etc

I replaced the one on my 55 Olds. Got the cardboard from my local trim/glass/upholstery/top shop. I painted it with acrylic enamal ( DuPont Centari ) with out any hardener so it's more flexible, about three nice heavy coats. Still looks like new after 2 years........Bob

Guest windjamer

I bought a package tray for my 72 chevelle from year one. I think it was 20$ comes ready to install inc. the the vinal strip sewed on. Bought the same tray for my 65 buick removed the back seat trimed it to fit looks gr8

Guest windjamer

Dont try to put it in with out removing the back seat and maby the sail panels. That way it slides right in and fits nice.BTW, need to replace seat covers? Place a plastic garbage bag over the seat back and see how nice the cover slides on over the foam with out tearing.

• 5 years later...