New Guy!

Shawn F.

I thought I'd introduce myself here before posting... My name is Shawn, I am 19 years old and currently live in NC. I own 4 hot rods (classics, trucks, whatever you want to call them). I own a 46 Chrysler 3 window coupe (Windsor), 48 Chevy coupe, 66 F100 (daily driver), 85 Chevy C10 (daily driver). I have been into hot rods and motorcycles since I was probably 4 years old. I have joined this site to gain information about my Chrysler and hopefully help others out here when and where I can. Seems like this place has a lot of knowledgable people.

Shawn-

A lot of knowledgable "old people" Shawn. cool.gif

Welcome aboard, we appreciate new blood checking us out. You can post any question you have in the various forums that pertain to your particular car. For instance, the Chrysler posts should be put into the Chrysler forum. We have some that don't like hot rods on here, but most of us say, the more the merrier!

If you have any questions or problem, send me an e-mail.

Wayne- Moderator

Hi Shawn, Welcome to the AACA Forun, thanks for posting an intro, most people don't. We need all the posts we can get to keep this thing rolling, it's not fast moving like other sites. Good luck with all your projects. Hot Rods are just fine with me. grin.gif

Thanks for the welcome guys! I understand that most here like to keep their cars almost completely stock and that is just fine with me. I like some stock and some hot rodded. My chrysler is pretty much all stock besides the interior color and material so I plan to keep it as stock as possible with a few modern upgrades like the braking system for safety.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shawn F.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I understand that most here like to keep their cars almost completely stock and that is just fine with me.</div></div>

Welcome Shawn.

The statement actually should be <span style="font-style: italic">most here like to keep their cars totally stock</span>. There are exceptions to that, items that have been approved by the AACA with regards to safety/handicap assistance items etc. And there are now classes for slightly non-authentic cars.

But primarily it is the mission of the AACA and it's members to keep cars in "as they left the factory" condition.

But trust me when I tell you this, there are many AACA folks that like street rods and modifieds as much as you do. cool.gif We are working on a 1939 Dodge Deluxe four-door that will be a slightly modified, able to ride down the road and enjoy it, car for us. It wasn't much when we got it and it would be far too expensive to restore as an AACA show car. Our AACA show car will be a 1963 1/2 Ford Falcon Sprint convertible.

Novaman, I am not a Mopar fan. I have one of each, Chevy, Ford, Mopar. I first liked only Chevy when I was younger because my father liked them. My first purchase ever was my 48 Chevy coupe, then I bought for my daily driver my 66 Ford F100 because that was all I could afford (even though now I have more money into it than I would have thought I'd like to put into it) and now I gained more respect for Fords. Now I have my first and latest Mopar and like it as well even though I haven't driven it. IMO every make of vehicle have their own pro's and con's, no one is perfect. My 85 Chevy pickup I drive all the time with a 305 is a good truck, not many problems from it at all and I drive it hard and every single day and others told me they had one and had nothing but problems from it...

How far is Mebane NC from Charlotte?

I see a little cake by your name this morning so...Happy Birthday. I'm about 1-1/2 hour away up I-85.

I meant Mopar fan as in you have an interst in them, not a Mopar nut where you'd "live 'n die" by them. I'm pretty much a GM and Mopar person. I agree with you that every make of vehicle have their own pro's and con's, no one is perfect. Heck, lot of people probaly would think I'm nuts for having a VW Thing and an AMC Gremlin on my list of cars I'd like to own.

1.5 hours up I-85 huh. Not that far. Thanks for the welcomes again and the happy birthdays! Yes I am now 20, I don't feel any older but after the 21 hits I may start feeling older. Wish I could stay somewhere around this age and not get any older. laugh.gif