Need Exhaust and Intake Manifold Gaskets

pint4

I have finally removed my intake and exhaust manifolds from my 1933 Buick Series 60 Victoria Coupe. I am looking for a source for the manifold gaskets and the other miscellaneous gaskets. Lots of people sell 34 to 51 parts. Fewer sell the 31-33 parts. Anyone know where I can find these parts. My email address is: pint4@new.rr.com.

Thanks.

Bob

Guest imported_Thriller

Mark,

Do you know if anyone has talked to them about a swap space or info booth at Bellevue? These are the sort of "hidden treasures" that would be good to get out to the Buick fraternity and, since it is relatively close to them, they might be more inclined to show up with some Buick goodies.

Thanks for all the help. I would like to see more of the pre-war cars on the road but finding parts is a big part of the challenge as most vendors and collectors are concentrating on the post war and muscle cars. Advertising has not yielded many results. I currently have problems with my generator and cracked exhaust manifold. Need a hood ornament but I am not holding my breath. I have had similar problems finding parts for my 37 Packard 120. Even basic parts like exterior door handles are hard to find. I believe I could start with just a frame and build a 65 Mustang from scratch with all of the repro parts and parts I see at swap meets. The changing of the guard has taken place. I wish there was a network other than Hemmings Motor News and Old Cars Weekly where people could get help. This forum is helpful but the number of participants needs to increase substantially. There are people with a wealth of knowledge out there and a garage full of parts that still are untapped. My goal is to at least have my 33 Buick Series 60 on the road this summer even if it only goes 50 miles. Thanks for everyone's help so far. Very much appreciated. If you run across a part, my email address is pint4@new.rr.com.

Thanks.

Bob

P.S. Anyone have a set of Senior Trippe lights they are not planning to use.

Bobs Automobilia sells them. They are listed under Engine Gaskets # EG 315.

For the head pipe, I take a pattern to the auto parts store and ask them to match it up. Do Not tell them what is is for or they will say that they do not have it and send you away. You may need 2 gaskets to match the thickness of the old copper/asbestos/copper gasket.

Bobs also lists a complete set of engine gaskets. I did not check it out. It should have the heat riser gasket.

I have a sheet of copper and I bought a sheet of manifold gasket material from the auto parts store. I make some of my own gaskets. The manifold gasket material has a steel center and has to be cut with a cold chizel. I have made gaskets for the heat riser by cutting out 2 copper patterns and one manifold gasket material pattern.

While you have the manifold and heat riser off, may I suggest that you remove the flapper from the heat riser. I did some research when I made the heat riser for my 90 series and was told by several old mechenics that they always removed them because the heat build up, if they stuck, would crack the heat riser. I have several thousand miles on my 35 90 series with no flapper in the heat riser and have had no problems.

Fred

Thanks for the gasket advice. I have the parts on order from Bob's Automobilia. I should have them by Friday.

I decided to try welding my 33 Buick exhaust manifold. A local machine shop with experience welding/repairing cast iron parts is going to do it. Should have it back by Friday. They checked it out and found multiple cracks. I am surprised it is still in one piece.

Bob

Next thing I need is a 6 volt electric fuel pump that will work with my car and the modern day fuels.

Any recommendations.

Thanks.

Bob