Mystery car

fl_wayne

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm no authority, but it looks very "Stutzy" to me. </div></div>

This car is WAAAAAAY too small to be either a Stutz or an Isotta. The hood from either would cover up most of the car.

Wolseley, though, is a good guess. Hub caps, grill and hood appear to be Wolseley. It definitely appears to be custom, so I don't think you'll find any pictures that will i.d. it for sure.

This car is much too big to be a Wolseley. The hood/cowl/fenders appear to be GM sourced to my eye, but the angle precludes any ID. It's almost certainly a custom body aft of the cowl.

The wheel hubs appear to have a logo embossed on them that looks very much like the modern Nissan logo. I believe Oldsmobile and Studebaker also used similar-shaped logos at times in that era. Can anyone ID the car based on those?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I say it's a 1931 Wolseley. There are similarities to a '31 Wolseley for sale at address: http://www.prewarcar.com/show_prewar_car.asp?car_id=16430</div></div>

I believe you hit the nail on the head, here. Very good find. It appears the car for sale may have been "butched" in the rear sometime during its history (and different wheels put on), otherwise it's the same car.