Repainting my 1954 Chrysler New Yorker

pakon1

Hi guys,

I am repainting my '54 New Yorker and I'd like to know the car's original paint color.

I did search through the forum but didn't find a clear answer.

The Vin no. I found on the door was 7271450.

And the paint code I found on the plate on the fire wall was 05 (or 052?)

My body shop has already sanded down the car and told me that the original paint was Mint Green and the car was repainted in blue.

- I'd just like to make sure what the paint code 05 or 052 on the plate refers to

- Can I request a Build Sheet online?

Thanks guys.

Pakon

IMG_8790.jpg

IMG_8800.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

IMG_8627.jpg

Paton,  my 54 New Yorker is mint green, and I think you have the information you need th paint the car.  I am in Hershey right now and do not have all the info at hand.  If you need help next week send me a private message and I'll try to help.

Frank, Upstate New York

Pakon,

I checked the firewall plate on my car and it reads, PAINT #70, TRIM #12.  it is mint green body and dark or sea island green top.  Ours is a New Yorker sedan not a New Yorker Deluxe.  The deluxe has more and some different chrome or stainless trim.  I have recently changed computers and can't find my pictures, but will take some if you still would like them.  I purchased a pickup load of parts from a fellow that had a Deluxe, so I have some parts for your deluxe if needed.  If I can help with anything else I'll be glad to help.

Frank

pakon, i have a 54 Windsor convertible. i have the vin inside the door, but i cannot find the other tag you show with all those other numbers. on the firewall on the driver side there is a tag but it only has a body number. where else would i look? i do have the build sheet, but had to send for that.  if green Hudson reads this i am looking for universal joints for my Windsor. i have a small amount of parts also.   dennis

16 minutes ago, skyler said:
17 minutes ago, skyler said:

but i cannot find the other tag you show with all those other numbers.

I don't know about 54 but the 56 I had that plate was behind the grill on that splash pan in front of the radiator.