FS 1929 65 rebuilt engine and parts

I have 1929 Chrysler 65 rebuilt engine for sale.  I purchased a lot of 1929 Chrysler parts and would like to sell some of them.  At this time I would like to sell 2 engines and 3 transmissions. I would prefer to sell them as one lot. All these parts along with many others came from a gentleman that had collected and restored parts for a project that he couldn't finish.  The first engine (P232883   40629 it is a silver dome) had been to a machine shop and was bored, crank turned and rebalanced, rods re-babbitted, valve seats reground, new main bearings, and valves reground.  When I bought it the new oversized pistons and rings where assembled and in bags.  I pulled the cover off and believe the timing chain to be new as well. Cylinder bores were lightly re-honed and valves lapped.  New head gasket with mostly new head studs were used.  Head stud nuts were replaced with ARP nuts.  The engine had been cleaned and it was spotless inside when I started on it.   I went through and cleaned the oil pump, distributor, starter, water pump, etc.  Installed new plugs and wires.  I cleaned the stromberg u-2 carburetor (did not rebuild) and installed it.  I rigged a radiator and fuel tank to it and it started with 35 lbs. or so of oil pressure.  The carb needs to be replaced as it has micro cracks in the lower end and it weeps fuel.  Although I don't have the correct width fan belt on it,  I have ran it quite a bit. It runs well even with the old carb that is less than perfect. I will try and attach some pics and will send more of assembly in progress upon request.

The second engine is apart.  The head is off and turns freely with no ridge on the cylinder walls.  It is dirty and greasy but honestly believe it too could be reassembled to make a running engine.  It is not complete.  but seems to be a good starting point to build a second engine.  

One on the 3 transmissions has been cleaned up and painted at some point in the past.     I'm assuming this was the tranny the guy had planned on using.  One of his donor cars was a 75, so one of the trannies maybe a 75.

I will leave the engine set-up so that it can be demonstrated to a potential buyer for a few weeks.  I have no intentions of offering shipping at this time and if I do it will be for the rebuilt engine alone and that will only be if there is no local interest.  I 'm not sure what the cost of parts and machine shop bill would be but fairly certain it would be considerably more than my asking price.

Price $2350.00  Rob 570-335-1912  call or text or esox11111@gmail.com I don't check this every day.

I have lots of other parts that will be selling in the future.  Some are NOS and some restored and others as found.  

thanks Rob

20180903_133218.jpg

20180912_181104.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/30/2018 at 12:19 AM, Rob Taylor jr said:

Now  posted on Ebay.  Rebuilt engine with one transmission  $1650.00 starting price.  I can deliver to Hershey on 10-11-18.

Thanks

Hi Rob, do you have a timing chain with or with out the gear set for sale?

Thanks, Moe in Australia.

• 5 months later...
On 7/12/2019 at 8:24 AM, Juan mari goitia said:

Do you still have this engine?

The owner of the engine last visited on 28 March. Send a private message - use the envelope icon at the top of the page. You can also hover over his name and click on the envelope in the pop-up.