Identify Car From Drawing

hi

This forum really helped me on previous research i could stop myself asking another question.

I am trying to identify another car from what looks like an advert. The source i'm looking at is a collage by the artist Eduardo Paolozzi from about 1947 (attached). There is also a detail (attached). The closest i could find was a 1950 Cadillac Series 6 (attached) Obviously the dates don't quiet match. I suppose the image might not be for the car itself (maybe for spark plugs etc) because it seems to me car adverts of that period don't usually have people in them. Anyway as last time I bow in the presence of you knowledge. Thanking you in advance.

Michael

series6.jpg

detail.jpg

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. I have edited your post to remove your last photo. Some of the content of that photo does not conform to the forum rules. As you have already learned, the car appears to be a Kaiser.

• Like 1

The Cadillac pictured is a "Series 62", not a "6".   Cheaper than a Coupe DeVille with a good V8 engine and Hydromatic transmission.  They're right about the drawing.

The Cadillac pictured is actually  a series 61,  not 62.    The 61 had a shorter trunk than the 62 series, plainer interior, and didn't have the bottom stainless trim piece running from the front wheel well to the faux air scoop on the rear quarter.  

• Like 1