Can anybody identify the make, model & year of this touring car?

WIRELESS

Can anybody tell me what the make, model & year of this touring car?

I found an old glass slide, 4" x 5" that shows an attractive young lady in the back seat listening to an old breadboard radio with an early loop antenna.

We would like to use this in our Antique radio journal and it would be great if I could identify the year & make of the car.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Jim K. - Librarian

Glass Slide Radio in Car1.jpg

WoW...nzcarnerd ---  That was quick!

Thank you very much for your help, this information will complete the caption needed to accurately describe the scene, which I believe was in or around Boston, Mass..

Do any of the other vehicles in the background help indicate what year this image was taken?   1922 ?  1923 ?  1924 ?

Any other help would be appreciated!             This is a really helpful site-- we are lucky to have access to such a wealth of information from knowledgeable members.

All the Best, Jim

14 hours ago, WIRELESS said:

WoW...nzcarnerd ---  That was quick!

Thank you very much for your help, this information will complete the caption needed to accurately describe the scene, which I believe was in or around Boston, Mass..

Do any of the other vehicles in the background help indicate what year this image was taken?   1922 ?  1923 ?  1924 ?

Any other help would be appreciated!             This is a really helpful site-- we are lucky to have access to such a wealth of information from knowledgeable members.

All the Best, Jim

Hard to be specific on the date from the cars. If there was a license plate visible it would be easy. 

Maybe more clues from your radio people about the date of the equipment?

That is a primitive radio designed before  1925..

In the 1960s I worked on a slightly more advanced designed radio  made somewhere around 1924/25, three tubes (201a) battery powered. same headset as in the photo. These were nothing like radios from the late 1920s and newer.

Here is the 1 1/2 volt battery I still have, I think it also took two 45 Volt batteries

004.JPG

• Like 1

Hey NZ, thank you for your great observation- that fits in with the timeline!

28 Chrysler... Great looking battery, I've seen European batteries that looked like that, but it's the first I have seen in the USA.

I have a 1898 German Coherer receiver that uses 2 of those for the coherer relay circuit.

I strictly collect & restore early radio (wireless) apparatus from 1920 and earlier.

Thanks for your help guys, this is a great forum!

73, Jim Kreuzer N2GHD