Model T? wrong headlamp

headlamp

Dear car enthusiast,

Can you help me identify this vehicle, passing through an old redwood tree in California 1910/1920s?

It resembles a Ford T-model, but the headlamp is all wrong. And what about the funny bumper?

Also, judging by the steering wheel it looks British. But then again, I am an absolute amateur.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Many thanks!

-2.jpeg.3bb320a81cb35dfd4ad8e4dc3ce08c51.jpeg

Mid to late teens Pierce Arrow.  The headlights were a Pierce Arrow trademark.  PA did not move the steering wheel to the left until 1920.  The bumper is typical of the period.

The Yosemite Park and Curry Company (YP&C C) used a fleet of Pierce Arrow cars  to give tours. This no doubt is one of them. The cars were purchased used from the Los Angeles area and "used up" giving tours.

The Pierce is probably no longer with us, the Wawona Tree is not either.

Indeed a Pierce-Arrow, 1919-20 Series 51 due to lack of cowl lights, 525 cid T-head 6-cylinder, 4 valves per cylinder.  Minor correction:  Left hand steering commenced with the 1921 Series 32, introduced late in 1920.  The tubular bumper is stock P-A.

Dear all, Thank you very much. Excellent input.

Now, if I was to search for technical drawings or blueprints of these antique cars, where would I start looking? Google is no good.

Yes, and too bad about the Wawona tree (another famous drive-through tree, the Pioneer Cabin Tree, tumbled over just this January).

The car being a visitors car explains the number on the windshield, I guess. Thanks for clearing that up.