Holiday sale

PWB

All,

I just ordered front seat upholstery from OPGI and got their standard discount $32.96 then got a $46.00 holiday discount + free shipping.

Tamraz seat cushions took about 10% off at check out and normal free shipping

I know OPGI gets knocked around and they have there faults but their upholstery source is A1.

Time to get crackin' on my new buckets. - I posted this in the general forum as well.

Merry Christmas and happy new year!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good news Paul - I am anxious to see and hear the results. As far as I know OPGI is the only source for prefab upholstery for the 2nd gen. Document recovering the seats. It would make a great tech article for the Riview. No one has ever done that.

2 hours ago, JZRIV said:

Good news Paul - I am anxious to see and hear the results. As far as I know OPGI is the only source for prefab upholstery for the 2nd gen. Document recovering the seats. It would make a great tech article for the Riview. No one has ever done that.

Their source is great. Forgot the name of the company. Here is their bench set I installed myself. The stitch spacing and pattern is dead on.

I also installed headrests. All the mount holes already exist for the headrests. I got install pics if anyone needs 'em.

I'll be getting rid of the power bench if someone needs it. Thing weighs a TON.

Seat View 1.JPG

Seat View 2.JPG

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 70rivme said:

I hope to see a write up on the recovering and install of your buckets and console. I am on track to follow in your footsteps hopefully sooner than later with my shorty console conversion. Happy Holidays!

Thanks. Waiting on the chrome shop. The one thing not cost-effective to do on my own. Just more  spiked eggnog to consume ... burp

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2017 at 3:39 PM, 70rivme said:

I hope to see a write up on the recovering and install of your buckets and console. I am on track to follow in your footsteps hopefully sooner than later with my shorty console conversion. Happy Holidays!

I finally got my (California) rusty seat springs back from media blasting after they were shut down for 2 weeks over the holidays. 

Have to replace a broken side spring which is on back-order. Ugh

Penetrant and a torch could not remove 5 frozen mount bolts.

So heres a tip:

The old nuts pop rite out with a swift blow. Lowes sells 5/16-18 steel T-nuts that drop rite in. Tack welded them in. Works like a champ.

FYI: One can obtain all the frames, springs, batting and foam new. All above the tracks are common among many models '66-'70.

(I know black paint is not correct, I got lazy)

T NUT.jpg

NUTZ.jpg

Seat Frames Prepped.JPG

Edited by PWB (see edit history)
  • Like 2

A few years ago I took my 67 to the local upholstery shop to fix up the front seats. I had thought he would have simply torn averything off and re-covered but he took a chalk marker and proceeded to mark out the pieces that needed replacing. I never would have guessed there are about  a dozen or more separate pieces.

Enclosed pix show the old parts, an old cushion with writing from the factory, and the finished products. He re-painted the backs; all for $500. So far, no one has been able to see the old vs new pieces.

IMG_5248.JPG

IMG_5249.JPG

IMG_5252.JPG

IMG_5253.JPG

IMG_5254.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rocky5517 said:

A few years ago I took my 67 to the local upholstery shop to fix up the front seats. I had thought he would have simply torn averything off and re-covered but he took a chalk marker and proceeded to mark out the pieces that needed replacing. I never would have guessed there are about  a dozen or more separate pieces.

Enclosed pix show the old parts, an old cushion with writing from the factory, and the finished products. He re-painted the backs; all for $500. So far, no one has been able to see the old vs new pieces.

Nice seats, Rocky. $500? What a deal - must be a friend.

My padding had similar writing that I could not decipher. 

I sure could use any photo of the power seats' inboard "leg" pad as installed.

This leg can be installed either of two ways onto the upper portion of the power assembly and I don't yet know the proper configuration.

Thanks

Edited by PWB (see edit history)

On 1/25/2018 at 6:53 PM, PWB said:

Nice seats, Rocky. $500? What a deal - must be a friend.

My padding had similar writing that I could not decipher. 

I sure could use any photo of the power seats' inboard "leg" pad as installed.

This leg can be installed either of two ways onto the upper portion of the power assembly and I don't yet know the proper configuration.

Thanks

Paul,

Found this pic. not sure if it will help. The inboard bracket is slide back and you can see the corner of it sticking out behind the wiring connector.

Driver Seat bottom.JPG

• Like 1