'65 Riviera Gran Sport Registry?

65VerdeGS

Hi Guys,

I saw on a recent Riview that Dick Sweeney has taken over the '65 Riv GS registry.  

I thought someone else was compiling info.  Did that guy hand it over to Dick?

What is the purpose of the registry, and what info do owners submit?  Does the compiler release any statistical info on options, colors, trim, etc?

Just curious before I submit any info on my car.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 65VerdeGS said:

Hi Guys,

I saw on a recent Riview that Dick Sweeney has taken over the '65 Riv GS registry.  

I thought someone else was compiling info.  Did that guy hand it over to Dick?

What is the purpose of the registry, and what info do owners submit?  Does the compiler release any statistical info on options, colors, trim, etc?

Just curious before I submit any info on my car.

I can kind of answer your first question, I guess Patrick lost interest because he dropped out of the ROA, so no one keeping it. Then after a short time Dick stepped up to continue the 1965 GS Registry. I can't recall if Dick received any prior info from Patrick, but he has been doing it since mid-2014.

The purpose is to compile information, I have to admit I have not submitted mine yet so I can't say exactly what info Dick is tracking?

Dick is on here, perhaps he will chime in? And, I will be contacting him with mine soon too.

20 hours ago, Chimera said:

What would be really neat, would be to have an area of the RoA website to "register" Rivieras and submit pictures and data. Easier typed than done I know. Perhaps with the right template...

To give everyone "access" to "register" on the website would be very difficult for certain. But, a tab under the "Members Only" section for registries could be a very good idea. I will bring it up and see what happens with it?

A 65 only registry would be interesting as well. Just dont think there are many of these cars left, at least compared with Chevelles and the like. We are definitely a different breed. I tell most people what I have, and it seems to confuse them at first.