Modern radio or original hmm

So when I got my car it had nothing in it but did have 6x9s in the rear deck and some little speakers mounted behind the grill..I  goIA usa-230 radio and it looks and sounds alright however I just came across a fairly clean original radio and it actually works and sounds healthy.. What do you guys think should I convert back to original??

If you're using the original radio, it's best to get in there and replace all the wax caps because they will fail soon. If you want more info, you can search for my Sonomatic restoration thread, where I have done just that, replaced the 0Z4 with solid state diodes, and a solid state vibrator. It's not complicated if you're good with a soldering iron and have steady hands.

My Buick had 6x9 installed somewhere along the way.  The AM radio still works and I left it as is.   I purchased a small 100W amp that is hidden under my dash.  I hook my mp3 player(ipod/phone) to the amp.  My preselected music plays great and the amp drives the 6x9 easily.   The amp is very small and easily hidden under the dash.   Does not create any notable heat either.        

• Like 2