Selling a Reatta

Lee Beery

What do you guys feel is the best way to sell a Reatta?  I have two 1990 convertibles, both in very good to excellent condition that I enjoy very much BUT I should not have two of them.  I know it is a select field but there should be someone out there that would be willing to pay a fair price.  What do you suggest I do?

Silver - Gun metal gray   Lee

This is a good site, but you did not give use a lot of information, what is the mileage on the car you want to sell and what do you think is a fair price.

Unfortunately, even convertibles are not bringing great prices, there are a limited number of us out there  and not everyone is looking for a convertible.

Last week I posted a 1991 red coupe for a lady in Michigan that had 103K and she was asking $1000 for it....she had been told the transmission was bad but I don't think she has a transmission place look at it.

Anyway it was on this site for about 10 days.......she put it in her front yard and sold it within 6 hours.

All you need is one buyer.....

All Reatta convertibles are rare, they made 2132 convertibles in 1990, there were 58 silver ones with grey interior.  You would think that a rare car built in that low number would be worth some $$$,

1.  Pay someone to detail the car - money well spent.

2.  Fix anything that is wrong with the car.

3.  Take it to one of the many collector car auctions such as Mecum, Barrett-Jackson etc.

4.  Look at some car magazines and notice how they use lighting and posing to make the cars look great - do the same yourself.

5.  List it on several of the on-line car sites.

6.  Set it by a busy street with the price prominently showing and tape a good info placard to the window.

I agree with Barney. Provide some information and location of the cars and as John suggested the buy/sell forum might be a good place.

Last week I got an email from someone with nothing in the title area and only a name as the sender. A name I was not familiar with.

This is what was in the body of the email with two pictures.

"Got me 2 I have access to a few cars also for parts seats etc"