The right Chrysler for Peking to Paris 2019 rally

Hi to all,

after having posted a search on the General Discussion Forum

I learned a lot about American prewar cars, and I ended up with the conclusion I has to be a Chrysler product.

Can somebody help me to find a 1928 or 1929 Chrysler 72 or 75 roadster? 

This is finally our most prefered choice, because it is also eligible for Mille Miglia and Le Mans Classic here in Europe.

Alternatively, next week I'm going to see a 1933 Dodge 6 convertible, which succesfully participated already in the Peking to Paris.

Can somebody tells me where I can find more specifications about this car?

Weight, engine power, endurance and speed performence, etc compared to the Chrysler 72 or 75.

I only know Classiccardatabase.com and there is not much on it.

Thanks in advance, regards.

Hi, 

There is an unrestored Chrysler 75 roadster advertised for sale in Australia, includes spare chassis and engine. (I only spoke to the owner last week)

It would be a lot of work to get ready, but you could build it the way you need it to be. This car was going to built as a Le Mans replica. If you are interested send me a message, mattlack at hotmail dot com

Best way would be to track down one of the MM/LeM eligible cars that already has been converted and used for long-distance rallying. Must be at least 5 of them around used only for one trip by a careful owner. Some has however been converted so much that there is little left to call it a 1929 or 1930 anymore...

10 hours ago, Narve N said:

Best way would be to track down one of the MM/LeM eligible cars that already has been converted and used for long-distance rallying. Must be at least 5 of them around used only for one trip by a careful owner. Some has however been converted so much that there is little left to call it a 1929 or 1930 anymore...

Indeed, but I do not find this.

So help! ;)

If it would be perfectly restored for events as MM or LeM, I would not modifie it and trie to participate with it at these events.

If it would need some work, I would modifie it for P2P.

15 hours ago, lambroast said:

Hi, 

There is an unrestored Chrysler 75 roadster advertised for sale in Australia, includes spare chassis and engine. (I only spoke to the owner last week)

It would be a lot of work to get ready, but you could build it the way you need it to be. This car was going to built as a Le Mans replica. If you are interested send me a message, mattlack at hotmail dot com

Thanks!

mail is sent

On 19 april 2017 at 0:57 PM, lozrocks said:

Thanks!

The one with te chassis and parts is missing a lot they told me and to difficult for me. I have no experience with wood. Seems to be very difficult and expensive.

The second I want to buy but i do not get an answer on my e-mails.  If I phone, the man says it's a wrong number.

May be he doesn't want to sell to me?

Would you be so kind to try to contact him?

regards,

Patrick