NC Region Spring Meet, Raleigh NC 5/6/17

AnniesSS

Hello friends!  If you're looking for a great show.... here we are!  The Triangle Chapter is hosting the NC Region Spring Meet in Raleigh on May 6.  In addition, we will also have an Open car Show - since we all have friends who like to modify their vehicles, this is for them!  The show is open to all vehicles 25 years and older.  (It's the first time I'll have both of my trucks at one show so I'm pretty excited!!  )

We will have all AACA Classes in the Region meet and in the Open show, will will have 1st place in each decade, with additional trophies for Best Ford, GM and Other in the 1950's, 60's and 70's class.  And wait til you see our trophies!! They are original and gorgeous and we've put a lot of time into designing and building them too ;)  The show will be held at Triangle Town Center mall, so there's plenty of places to eat, and trailer parking.  We'll have 50/50 Raffles and also some great prizes to raffle off.  

Hope to see you all there! :)

2017-05-06 Open car show 3.jpg

2017-05-06 Triangle NC Region Show.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We do that in the Old Dominion Meet Association too.  While thy must of course already be certified by National we proudly display them and provide an award recognizing the achievement.  It helps encourage continued display and use of those great vehicles.  Glad to see NC doing that as well.

I think if more of the smaller regional events would feature those classes it would increase exposure and encourage folks to get to a National Meet near them to go through the certification process and proudly wear the badge!

Terry

• Like 1

Terry,

The NC Region does that a little bit different. In the NC Region, at Region Meets (as well as my local Cape Fear Chapter Meets and probably some other chapters as well), the judging is done the same as that at national meets, with the exception of no 10 point rule. That allows local members to attend a show in their area and get an idea of how their car would do at a National Meet and to have a better idea of what to expect at a National Meet. I think it contributes to a larger number of NC members bringing their cars out to National Meets. That is also why you see a lot of NC cars with a National oval badge right beside a similar "Red Bird" oval badge. 

• Like 1

Yes, it's similar to the Old Dominion Meet Association - we have the same kind of structure with AACA classes, AACA judging, and awards.  The oval Old Dominion Meet Association Junior and Senior Tabs are similar to the National AACA award badges. It does help members learn what to expect.  We had an AACA Judging School this year and Dain King came down just to teach that.  Think we got a few new judges from that too.

• Like 2

So great to see everyone today! !!  Photos will be posted shortly... or a touch longer lol I'm pooped!

Thanks to everyone who came out - the rain was a little worrisome in the morning, but it cleared up and we had a really nice turnout.

• Like 2