Chickasha, OK. Pre-War Swap Meet

Pete Phillips

Quite a few BCA members were in attendance today at the annual Pre-War Swap Meet in Chickasha, Oklahoma, including BCA Board member Terry Weigand and Barbara, Larry Schramm and Joyce all the way from Michigan, Ben Bruce, Bill Bicknell, Ben and Inez Garland from New Mexico, and several others. The weather was absolutely perfect. Here is the annual group photo of those who assembled at Steve Hammett's table inside the north building. See anyone you know?

I found quite a few Buick parts, several bargains, and there was a beautifully restored 1913 model 31 parked outside in the show car area. I'm not sure if it was for sale or not, but it is a beauty.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

IMGP3763.JPG

IMGP3767.JPG

IMGP3760.JPG

IMGP3753.JPG

IMGP3765.JPG

IMGP3758.JPG

IMGP3770.JPG

• Like 3

I think Pete got better photos than I did, but, I gotta post the photo that I took with him in it.  Everyone is going to ask how the switch from Thursday/Friday to Friday/Saturday went.  I will be the first to admit that there were empty spaces in both of the buildings and the ongoing construction at the Grady County Fairgrounds property had parking somewhat messed up (that will all be cleared up next year and parking will be no problem)  The fact that the Horseless Carriage Club had their annual convention in Oklahoma City this week brought a lot of those folks to Chickasha.  The folks that I talked to were really pretty happy about the dates being moved.  I honestly believe that there were more people here this year than the last two years.  This is still the biggest swap meet in the middle of the country and there are always going to be ups and downs with it.  It is a great way to stay in touch with friends from all over the country.  I even got to visit with Ben Bruce.  He put about  100 miles on his '50 Buick coming up to the meet.  All of us 'old' Buick enthusiasts had a great time getting caught up with each other.

Terry Wiegand

P3170004.JPG

P3170007.JPG

P3170009.JPG

• Like 1