WTB 22" demountable Buick rims

Hubert_25-25

WTB 1925 Buick Standard demountable rims  22” x  3 3/4”.     They measure 21 ¾ “ ID    24” OD, 3 13/16" wide.  Need one.  I have two Master rims (same diameter, but 4 1/2" wide) to trade or sell as well.  Fit 6.00-22 or 5.00-22 tires.    The rim clips look like these.

Hugh Leidlein

24 OD x 4.5 wide 2.JPG

Edited by Hubert_25-25
removed picture of 21" rim, changed dimension (see edit history)

So this may be an easier way to determine if you have 22" rims.  Clip a tape measure and wrap it around the bead area.  Approximately 69" is a 22" rim.  The rim does not need to be made into a circe this way.  Also one rivet that holds the clamp is a rounded head, and the other is a flat head.  At the split, you will also see a rectangular hole and a circle on either side of the split.  I am actually needing 3 of these.   Thank you.   Hugh

IMG_3710.JPG

IMG_3712.JPG

IMG_3711.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Laydon, Thank you.  I hope this added information helps with the search for 22" rims. 

I pulled off 2 tires, and the locks were assembled this way.  Is the rotating lock supposed to be turned 180 degrees from what is shown in the picture below, so that one of the wheel rim bolts is held in the stationary "round head" riveted part?  

Hugh

IMG_3716.JPG

You understand it correctly. Last picture is wrong. I wonder if since the rim could not be put properly on the wheel around the lug bolt, if the rim was probably put on 180 degrees out. Nothing was keeping the rim from slipping on the wheel and tearing out the tube stem except the clamping of the lugs.