1965 seat belts

Rivdrivn

4 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

On my low mileage totally original interior  65 Riviera, both the male and female belts are tagged

RCF-50-K

Good to know, thanks Winston. I've searched for but failed to find any information on the significance of the codes, e.g. 50 H vs. 50 K. Does anyone know? 

• 4 weeks later...
On April 4, 2016 at 6:37 PM, Rivdrivn said:

I thought I had the correct belts but apparently not. Female buckles are Hamill RCF 50 H and the males are 50 K. Plus the retractors have mounting plates that don't quite fit. Any help is appreciated.

image.jpeg

Ok, so these might be correct for the car but I still can't get them to fit. The problem is the cleat on the mounting plate under the retractor. I don't see any corresponding divot in the floor pan to accommodate it. Is this the wrong plate or am I missing something?

• 4 weeks later...
On April 30, 2016 at 7:22 AM, 1965rivgs said:

Steve,

Are you attempting to install them on the wrong side of the car? Do you have left and right mixed up? 

Tom Mooney

Nope. There does not appear to be a slot in the floor to accommodate the cleat. The bolt hole Is fine and the floors appear to be original. Any other ideas?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sorry about the camera angle and the over kill with the flash (it's hard to tell the horizontal from the vertical surfaces on the inner rocker panel) but here's a picture of where the hole you're looking for is located.  I'm assuming that this car never had seat belts or the holes have been covered.  For the inner hole, it might be easier to look for it from the bottom.  You'll find a reinforcing bracket that's treaded for the seat belt bolt.  Don't use the seat or the seat frame as a reference.  The seats are just sitting on the floor of the car because I don't have room to store them elsewhere right now.

Ed

100_4963.JPG

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)