WTB: cruise control check valve-'91

Nittany

Does Ronnie and/or anybody else have a part number for the "T" shaped check valve that is part of the vacuum system that serves the Cruise Control? Willing and prefer to buy new unless made of unobtainium, in which case good used is just fine. Was probably offered at the local auto store as a Dorman Help item.

Anybody looked up this part number recently?

Thanks Ronnie! I've been searching for a slow vacuum leak that causes my cruise control to stop functioning 10 to 15 minutes after engaging. Electrically it works fine, the light comes on as cruise and will resume cruise, goes up or down 1 MPH as directed.

I hope the correct check valve will fix the problem, otherwise I might have to track down the vacuum reserve tank or other sources of leaks . . .

That slow leak in your system is probably in the controller. I had that happen on the Red. I could drive it all day long on flat roads but as soon as I went on a long grade it would pull off. No codes or anything, light worked, everything was fine, it was just the controller losing it's vacuum.

Nittany,

Was probably offered at the local auto store as a Dorman Help item.

Any of your local FLAPS shoud carry them just as you said, as a Dorman HELP item. It's what I've used as a replacement and works just fine.

Even used one as a replacement check valve for the windshield washer. Just plugged the one on the side and was good to go. Recently recieved the correct check valve for the washer and will swap it out next chance I get. Getting back to you CC prob. Yah, the one from the "HELP" rack will work just fine.

John F.

Thanks for the replies John and Dave!

Dave - are you referring to the cruise control servo? I don't know if mine is original or has been replaced already, I do know I'll buy one from The Reatta Store if/when the time comes . . .

You should get a hand vacuum pump so you can pull a vacuum on each component while observing the gauge to see how fast they leak down.

Below are some photos I have of the vacuum system on the Reatta where you should check for leaks. I can only assume your '91 is the same. Mine was losing vacuum in the hoses where they split near the reservoir tank.

post-95476-0-21351200-1441296909_thumb.j

post-95476-0-05018200-1441296910_thumb.j

post-95476-0-43521000-1441296910_thumb.j

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)
  • Like 1

This vacuum check valve fits the earlier models. I'm not sure about the '91 model.

Here is a photo of how it looks installed on my '88 model.

attachicon.gifVacuum_lines-3.JPG

Ronnie,

I can now confirm that the Dorman 47150 is the correct check valve for the '91 Reatta. I lifted the hood of the now parts car ('91Reatta coupe, claret w/grey) and found the check valve you tagged above. I will need to pick up a new one but the "spare" is working pretty good.

Dave,

We're on the same wavelength, I recognized what you meant with the "whatchamacallit" I will probably need one of those soon :)

Thanks to the people who keep this forum and Ronnie's site(s) available to us DIYers!!

• Like 1