FS: 1948 Buick Super Sedanette

Hi there!

What a wonderful car! Fantastic color combo. A little cheaper and I would buy it and ship it to Europe. Really impressive car. I wonder that you are selling a 1957 special as well. Is this 1948 Sedanette as good as it looks. Please give me some details. Thanks a lot. Best, Hans

Hi Hans, yes the car is as good as it looks.  Being a car from California, it has no rot or cancer.  Floors, Frame, & Body are very solid.  Buick Bugle does no messing around and only has primo cars on the front page of their publication,  The only issue is 2 leaks which I can take care of.  Rear & Engine.  Typical, and (easy) fix.  It is a beautiful car, drives great.  Just had a ride over 75 miles recently with no issues.  Any other pictures or information feel more than free.  If you like, you are more than welcome to make a legitimate offer.  Also, if you like--- forward me your phone number in Germany and we can talk about it.

Thanks! Steve V

Edited by Steve-V (see edit history)

Hi Steve, thanks for the quick answer. Could you send me as many high resolution pictures of the car as possible, please? What are the goodies and what is the bad about it or let us say what are the worst parts of the car. What has been done on the car that can be proven? Engine, tranny, brakes, electricals, gauges, everything works fine? I assume there are no rust issues, but was it welded underneath, fenders, rockers, trunk etc.? How are paint, chrome, stainless on a scale of 1-10? Who had worked on the car? Amateur or professionals? Anything of that provable by receipts? How is the car in your possession? Was the car striped prior to the new paint job? Is it your car? Or are you selling for somebody else? Oil leaks are not major and you fix that, good to read. Is anybody there on the AACA forum who knows you or the car and could give me a 2nd opinion? What is known about the history of the car? Hope you do not mind about all these questions. Please could you send the pictures to hans.henniges@web.de . Thanks so much! Best, Hans

Buick was purchased  approx 6 years ago ( probably the 3rd owner) from a BCA member in ft collins colorado.  It originally came from northern calif,  south oregon .  Got this info from the man the car was bought the car from.   I cannot verify who restored this car. Had 2 BCA Members inspect the car ( I suggest you do the same.) The only repair it needed at that time was a new throwout bearing which was changed upon receipt of the car. Have since installed 2 new rear springs and just replaced the battery. There are no misses in the engine, the car shifts well, the clutch plate was almost new when  the throwout bearing was replaced.  Gearbox is an H pattern if you know these cars you can shift into 3rd by 12 mph.as a buick should. The car stops well, the tires are good quality polyester cord.  There are no signs of rust  or welds on this car the bottom is solid except for some minor scratches. This car does not need paint-- chrome is an 8 (10 being perfect)   This car is a driver, not a trailer queen. As u know this car made the cover of the bugle in July 13.  All instrumentation works well (when the gas gauge is on 3/4 it is full)   the dash board is bright and paint is shiny, upholstery has been replaced including a new headliner, glass is perfect.  Original Paint is unknown, although the factory colors are linked below.  Royal Maroon.

Edited by Steve-V (see edit history)

I like the colors, but would be VERY surprised if you could order such from the factory.

Although in 1954 dad as a dealer ordered for a customer a Roadmaster 4-door with the body GREEN, top BRIGHT RED, and interior BLUE.  The factory called to confirm, and it was painted as such.  It was a Carnival Parade Car.

Dale in Indy 

Steve, are you saying that this 2-tone

of red and maroon was a factory offering?

I've seen the maroon--indicated on your link--

frequently as a single-tone.  Can you, or some

knowledgeable Buick fan on the Forum,

offer some documentation?

Yes, it does look like a nice car.

Hi John, Sorry for the confusion.  I do not know if this was the original color scheme.  The maroon looks corrects but I cannot be sure.  Thanks for compliments!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...