Early 1970's Carb Mileage Booster. Neat for Garage or Workshop Display

Jolly_John

GUARANTEED to enable your 1965 Buick 425 nailhead to get 29 miles per gallon! Remember this gizmo from the oil crisis days of the early 1970's? Here's a new-in-box Tungsten Hydro-Catalyst carb attachment....just ready to boost your gas mileage by 27% (if you choose to believe the box!). Copyright date of 1973. It would make a nifty garage or workshop display item (Yes, I was kidding about getting the 29 m.p.g. from your nailhead)

For a four-barrel carb. In never-used condition, with original box. Includes a photo and endorsement by none other than Mario Andretti. Carb bolt spacing 5-5/8" by 5-1/8". This vintage unit will be a great conversation starter in your garage, workshop or man cave, as the guys relive memories of "No Gas on Sunday"...and "Five Gallon Limit on Gas Purchase"....etc.

Just $20, plus shipping. Thanks for looking. John

post-31491-143143058314_thumb.jpg

post-31491-143143058317_thumb.jpg

post-31491-143143058319_thumb.jpg

post-31491-143143058321_thumb.jpg

Wow! That's quite a name. I can see 3 guys sitting in a room trying to come up with it.

I wonder if Mario Andretti actually promoted this, or they just pirated his pic and signature. Back then there was no social media to get the word out these gadgets didn't work so the company could survive long enough to scam some money.

If I had a man cave I would buy it! Neat item thanks for posting

• 1 month later...
Guest madeintheusa

My Father had there of these on both Buick LeSabre's and a Coupe DeVille.

This definitely worked. I installed them with him and it definitely boosted the mileage. I have thought of this many times and used one on my 75 Ford F150 along with water vapor injection and definitely had gains in mileage. there is a slight degradation in performance but, not enough to matter when the 4 barrels kick in. We also used a manual choke cable to lock out the vacuum and the Secondary 4 barrels from dumping fuel. we were definitely getting 25mpgplus with tweeking the dwell and timing.

I think I would like to get this from you if you still have it.

TommyJ

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...