Convertible top wrinke remover

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

I had a brainstorm while working on the car today - I wanted to remove the few wrinkles from having the top down, so I set my halogen work light about a foot away from the top until it heated the top up and the results are amazing, wrinkles are totally gone. I have done the out in the hot sun for an afternoon and other methods, but none worked as well as this method did.post-30591-143143090419_thumb.jpg

post-30591-143143090399_thumb.jpg

Guest my3buicks

Agreed, at the higher and national level, points can be taken off for a wrinkled top, I'm sure some wrangling would be overlooked but I wanted it as perfect as possible. I have tried hairdryer in the past and that doesn't really cut it, the heat from the light heat up a larger area evenly and I think that's the trick. It should also work for the curling issue, heat the area up, and hold it down with your hand and take the light away and hold it down until it cools. My lower corner by the back of the front door had a slight Carl and as you can see in the picture I was able to take care of it. Top is amazing for 25 year old top

post-30591-143143092545_thumb.jpg

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)