Riviera wheel center caps

Guest kluhbah

Guest kluhbah

I am looking for a set of 4 wheel caps. I have tried OPGI and Cars, but both are out of stock and do not know when they will be back in stock. Does anyone know of another source or have a nice pre owned set? I need them to fit a 2 1/8 opening.

Thanks

Matt

post-105659-143143015986_thumb.jpg

post-105659-143143015988_thumb.jpg

Edited by kluhbah (see edit history)

Hi Matt,

I`m sure you might already know this but the original center opening dimension on the original wheels is 2 inches. Cars sells or has sold 2 and 1/8th adapters/retainers for these center caps so you will need to be fortunate enough to find a seller who has the modified caps from Cars. Just wanted you to know the "original" center caps had a 2 inch retainer. Good luck!

Tom Mooney

Guest 65gs76limited
Hi Matt,

I`m sure you might already know this but the original center opening dimension on the original wheels is 2 inches. Cars sells or has sold 2 and 1/8th adapters/retainers for these center caps so you will need to be fortunate enough to find a seller who has the modified caps from Cars. Just wanted you to know the "original" center caps had a 2 inch retainer. Good luck!

Tom Mooney

Or........ you could start with the correct rims and go from there.

Guest kluhbah

Hi Tom & John,

Thanks for the info. My 65 came with hub caps. I purchased wheels with the 2 1/8 opening. I do appreciate all the help as I am no expert!

Thank you John for the tip to call Mitch Romanoski. He had just what I needed in stock and for less money then I found else where. I am excited to get them, as this is about the last thing my car needs.

Here are a couple pictures of how I found her.post-105659-143143019145_thumb.jpg

post-105659-143143019142_thumb.jpg

Kluhbah, I am glad you found Mitch helpful. I have a set of his repros on my 1969 GS for several years now. They are very good quality. I just hope you have enough room to get the caps on the front rims. By the picture you posted it looks like the hub of the drum is very close to the opening of the rim.

I also have a copy of his Dec 2014 order sheet with a picture of the various centers he sells, and it appears you could have a 2 1/8" opening for a 65. Does anyone know why there was a rim with a larger opening?

Meanwhile I love the color of your car. Very rich looking. And I like the rally wheels better than the hubcaps too. Nice!

Edited by JohnD1956 (see edit history)

Guest 65gs76limited

Not correct John. 64 Wildcat Chrome Road Wheels and 65 Buick Chrome Road Wheels were the only 2" center cap hole dia. thru the run of wheels until 1971. The center hole dia. on the 71 thru 78 Chrome Road Wheel was also 2". 1966 thru 1970 was 2 1/8".