1954 Oldsmobile 98 Starfire Convertible

McDar

This was very rough but few Starfires still exist so it was worth it. Probably could not have been done without a super clean 98 sedan donor. I don't know what ails me but as soon as a car is done I just want to send it on it's way so I can start on another "hopeless" case. Car is now in Dick's Car Museum in San Marcos, Texas. If I get to feeling a bit cocky about myself I look at "Landmans" restoration of his families 1934 Chevy Master 5wc and I feel humble again. Always a faster gun out there.

post-57926-143142986447_thumb.jpg

post-57926-143142986449_thumb.jpg

post-57926-143142986452_thumb.jpg

post-57926-143142986454_thumb.jpg

post-57926-143142986457_thumb.jpg

post-57926-143142986459_thumb.jpg

Wow, great job, hard to believe that's the same car in all pictures! I really like most of the mid 50's Oldsmobiles, one day hope to own a similar car....just waiting for my ship to come in, unfortunately the dock's not even built yet!

Thanks for posting pictures....very nice.....

This was very rough but few Starfires still exist so it was worth it. Probably could not have been done without a super clean 98 sedan donor. I don't know what ails me but as soon as a car is done I just want to send it on it's way so I can start on another "hopeless" case. Car is now in Dick's Car Museum in San Marcos, Texas. If I get to feeling a bit cocky about myself I look at "Landmans" restoration of his families 1934 Chevy Master 5wc and I feel humble again. Always a faster gun out there.

Thank you sir, but there no need to be humble about your car. You must remember that mine came mostly from a decent parts car as well and I incorporated what was left of my dad's.