Holmes air-cooled?

Guest greatfallsgirl

Guest greatfallsgirl

My grandparents had this car, picture from 1929 or 1930. All my dad knew was that it was a Holmes air-cooled car. My grandpa was famous for having big touring cars, he was a big-time rancher in Montana. I only have a picture with this much of the car showing. The front of the car looks more like a 1907 Holmes that I found on the internet, not too much like the 1918-23 models. Maybe because it was a large touring car? Does the front wheel, fender or hood ornament look familiar to anyone? Thank you in advance.

Shannon Wilson

post-104911-143142864648_thumb.jpg

Guest greatfallsgirl
From the few clues available I would guess this is a Buick Master Six from around 1925 to 1927.

I am going to have to quiz my dad about this again...he is 83, LOL. It looked like it had a radiator to me also. And one more thing...my grandpa was a big fan of Buicks. I'm sorry there isn't a better picture...this is it. Thanks all.

Shannon

Guest greatfallsgirl
I'm thinking 1927 Buick....

That looks good...especially with the headlights. I will keep looking for a picture of the Holmes he had...but for now, I agree it's a Buick. Thank you all. :)