Tell me about car shows.....

Rogillio

This weekend there is "street festival" in my city that will also have a car show. The show is only about 12 miles from my house so I plan to drive my 26 DB Coupe there and enter the show. I have never been to a car show in my life. I am told there will be an entry fee? It seems odd that I should have to pay to let people look at my car but maybe that is to pay for prizes. :-)

Any info, insight or suggestions for car shows is appreciated.

Car shows have entry fees to pay for folks putting on the show. As you can imagine organizing a show, depending on the size, can be very stressful, time consuming, and expensive depending on what all is provided to the car owner and spectators (music, parking, renting space, etc). Some shows are done for charity. There are any number of more detailed ways to answer this, but that's it in a nutshell.

Car shows have entry fees to pay for folks putting on the show. As you can imagine organizing a show, depending on the size, can be very stressful, time consuming, and expensive depending on what all is provided to the car owner and spectators (music, parking, renting space, etc). Some shows are done for charity. There are any number of more detailed ways to answer this, but that's it in a nutshell.

Got it. Thanks.

I may be speaking out of turn here but to me if the show is open to the public then there should be no need for exhibitors to pay an entry fee. At least that is how it used to be. Things have changed and we are now expected to provide our own public liability insurance although with club events everything is included in the annual subscription. If I am honest, the shows I like most are the impromptu ones, where you simply turn up with your car and there are no rules or regulations. One of the things that I have noticed in more recent years is the impact of "health and safety" legislation. For example, to avoid knocking down members of the public, you are expected to arrive at a certain time and not leave before a certain time. This has made it very difficult for me if I have only a morning to spare and need to get back to meet customers.

Hope you have a good day, Mike.

Cheers,

Ray.

The street festivals will bring out the family's, So bring a lawn chair and hang out by your car so you can watch for kids climbing on it.

Buy a hand full of raffle tickets if they have them and you may win some goodies. Usually this type of show is for some kind of benefit or charity so your money should be going to a good cause.

If they are judging you will want to hang out until the end to see if you win a trophy. Wouldn't that be nice for your first time out.

And a bonus that it is your home town. You will probably run into some old friends.

I always try to find a good place to park that will show the car well, like on a corner or end of a row. If you can find a tree for shade that is a plus.

Most importantly HAVE SOME FUN !!!! Thats why you did all of this work.