1917 Photo - Looks like Model T - Year Unknown

SharonOran

Sharon,

Model Ts had brass radiators through the 1916 model year, so assuming that the tag was current, this is likely a 1917 Model T. If the tag was not current, the 1917-1920 Model Ts are essentially the same in external appearance so it could potentially be as late as a 1920 model year car.

As an aside, Ford introduced its new models on August 1 for many years, so this car may actually have been manufactured in 1916 as a 1917 model year car.

Most 1916 models were black. only a few in the beginning were brass but anybody restoring one likes to get a brass radiator and call it early, Some people carry it one step further and hang a brass radiator on a 17 model. I was told the 16 should have a 50/50 windshield not a 40/60 like this one

Most 1916 models were black. only a few in the beginning were brass but anybody restoring one likes to get a brass radiator and call it early, Some people carry it one step further and hang a brass radiator on a 17 model. I was told the 16 should have a 50/50 windshield not a 40/60 like this one

I am starting to realize that these antique cars may not be what they seem to be to the untrained eye. The smallest detail could make a big difference. Knowing the details, significance of each and how to apply them makes a bigger difference. You folks do it all!

The knowledge and expertise I continue to see on this site is impressive and amazing to say the least! The willingness to share it is a credit to you all.

Thank you, Dave