Unknown vintage car

Guest Isacson

Guest Isacson

Hi,

as a first time poster I would like to ask you about the car in the picture below. What make and model could it be? Could somebody please identify it for me? :confused:

Thank you for your time!

Best regards,

Isacson

post-100731-143142510249_thumb.jpg

All Chevys of this era were 4-cylinders. The six didn't come out until 1929. It's hard to tell from the photo, but I don't see a headlight bar. That would mark it as 1925. Prior to 1926 the headlights were mounted on the fenders. 1926 and later they were mounted on a cross-bar which ran from fender to fender.

Don

Thanks Don for the info. I was questioning myself and went back to Google Images and searched some more. My question spun from this image, a 1926 Superior Touring: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:1926_Chevrolet_Superior_Touring.jpg

That 1926 versus this image of a 1925 Superior Touring: http://www.boldride.com/ride/1925/chevrolet-series-k-superior-touring#gallery/9

Hence my confusion and question.

Thanks again,

Chuck

Guest Isacson
What first strikes me is the size of the car vs the passengers. The car looks small, like something European.

Good call, I did forget to mention that the picture is taken in Europe. Could this impact the identification process?

I was too thinkin about the number of lugs when I googled images on the Chevrolet, but I am no expert.

Woodfiddler,

Your observation on the wheel lugs sent me to Google also. Now I'm really confused. Your two links clearly show 4 lugs on the 1925, 6 lugs on the 1926. I looked at a lot of photos and saw none of either year with 4 lugs. On most photos it's hard to count the lugs, but all from both years seemed to have 5 or 6 lugs. Of course, probably more than half the cars Google finds are misidentified.

I also wondered about the door handles which looked out of place. However, Google photos show touring cars with and without exterior door handles. Maybe a Cbhevrolet expert will weigh in on the topic.

Don

1925 Chevrolet K used 4 bolts in the disc wheel center. 1926 V changed to 6 bolts making this a 1925 car.

Steering wheel is a an accessory aftermarket Neville brand fatman wheel.

We are seeing a picture of a picture and I think the original image has been distorted.

Guest Al Brass

Most features on this car are what I would consider early, like Indiana headlights (no tie-bar?), high position spark and throttle levers) and 4 stud wheels. Nickel trim on the radiator, windscreen staunchins and door handles seem later. That makes me think it is a late K or early V.

Al