51 Studebaker stuff

Hi all

I am Restoring a 51 Commander 2dr starlite coupe V-8 Automatic Drive. This is a nice, fairly low mileage car, but has spent its life in New England and has a few issues

I would love to find good frt and rear fenders and have been looking some, but no luck so far, of course the weather in the Midwest has not helped as many of the nice folks I've talked to have their stuff buried in snow

Also looking for a frame crossmember that holds the rear engine mounts

I will be at the York PA swap meet in a couple of weeks and looking forward to meeting many of you there.

Ill add the Stude part #'s of a few things I need if it helps

RR fender 293578p

LR fender 293581p

RF fender 293218

LF fender 293219

Crossmember 530136

brake cable 519795

brake cable 530130

also trying to learn more about the Camshaft issues, the lifters in this engine are badly worn, the Cam does not look to bad from a quick visual inspection but I am leery given the condition of the lifters

Any help, advise, leads greatly appreciated,

Chris Coon

Guest willywilly

I have a '50 2 dr starlite coupe (or at least part of it), I have a good front bumper with the accessory guards, the front clip, dash, firewall etc from the front posts forward, front suspension, and likely the crossmember your looking for (if the 50 will fit)...let me know if your interested and I'll dig it out and check the condition of any parts you may be interested in. I'm in northeast Louisiana. I may have top headliner bows, trunk hinges, possibly some door/window operator parts, etc, just a mixed bag.

Guest willywilly
Willy

yes, I'm interested. I could use the two rear headliner bows and the "teeth" that hold the headliner around the sides of the roof. I think the crossmember is the same if yours is an automatic trans. Front fenders? I'll check to see if 50 and 51 interchange

thanks

chris

steam1912@yahoo.com

860-248-1102

If the rain breaks here today, I'll take a couple of pictures if you can confirm they will work for you. I'll confirm it was an automatic and count the top bows....do you know right off if the teeth are screwed on, spot welded or ? If the cross member will work, I would simply cut the frame in front of and behind it...a little more shipping weight, but you can spend the time carefully removing the factory fasteners. Just curious, but why do you need the crossmember? collision damage, rust? I'll contact you by email with the photos.

Craig here, Mobile Parts -- Do I know you??? Do you know me??? I do Stafford Springs, Thompson Speedway, and have done M A N Y Connecticut shows

-- and there is a 1912 Stanley Steemer right nere me at Macungie in Pa...... Do you do Macungie -- Is that you?!?!?!?

I can help you with the brake cables N E W --- Call me -- Craig -- 516 - 485 - 1935... New York....